[ Edited ]
Community Manager
Message 1 of 5 (20,801 Views)

Re: EA Community Playtesting - Frequently Asked Questions

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Become A Playtester

How do I sign up for this program?

Click Become a Playtester. After you create your profile, you can sign-up for available Playtests in your area.

I can't find my country on the Playtesting locations list or Playtester profile, can I still participate?

Currently, we are unable to offer any form of Playtest to locations outside of those listed on: https://na.playtesting.ea.com/ARCSPortal/EA/locations

We are always reviewing our locations, and hopefully in the future we can extend our list of available countries.

Am I eligible to sign up?

If you are interested in video games and meet the following age requirements you may sign up.

USA: 14 - 15 years old may attend with a parent or guardian. 16 years of age + may attend alone

Canada: 15 years of age and up

UK / Sweden: 16 years of age and up

I rarely play games. Should I still sign up?

Yes. We invite gamers of all types. There's something for everyone!

I don't own or play games at all. Should I still sign up?

Yes. Sometimes we need people just like you, though these sorts of tests may be less frequent.

What if I want to cancel my Playtest appointment?

Email playtesting@ea.com, include the test date in your email. The sooner, the better. If you received an email invitation, simply reply to the email if you are unable to make the Playtest.

When I sign up, what types of emails will I receive?

You will receive emails for upcoming Playtest opportunities at your local EA studio and occasional special events.

I don't want to receive any emails from EA Playtesting, how do I opt-out?

Two ways: click "Unsubscribe" at the bottom of the email newsletter or contact us at playtesting@ea.com with the request.

How can I maximize my chances of getting into a session?

Increase your chances by signing up for as many Playtest dates that you are available for. We always have something new for everyone! 

How often can I sign up for Playtest sessions?

Do I have to sign up to be eligible for a Playtest?

Yes. There will be a participant survey available for each Playtest. Completing this survey is the first step in the selection process.

How soon will I be contacted after I sign up for a Playtest session?

Invitations are normally sent 1 to 3 days before the playtest. 

If you have any other questions regarding EA Playtesting, please email: playtesting@ea.com.

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 5 (20,687 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Participating in a Session

Can my friend also participate?
Community Playtesting participation is by invitation only. If your friend is interested in Community Playtesting, have them go to https://ea.arcsivr.com/Portal/EA-CTE/Default to register.

How do I know who else is participating in Community Playtesting? Can I interact with them?
All Community Playtesting sessions will have a forum on Answers HQ. Simply log in with the EA Account that has access to the game and navigate to the EA Community Playtesting board. There you should see a community forum exclusive to those who are participating in the Community Playtesting session.

How will I know if my PC is capable of running the game?
If the Community Playtesting session is on PC, the initial invitation email will include the recommended PC specs for running the game. If your PC is below these specs, it is unlikely that you will be able to run the game.

What should I expect from the Community Playtesting experience?
The basis of the Community Playtesting session will vary from game to game. Because some of the games we will be featuring will be works-in-progress, you may experience some issues.

Where can I give feedback?
Some Community Playtesting sessions will include a survey once they are complete. This will be your chance to provide feedback directly to the development team if you want to. Also, there will always be a hidden forum on Answers HQ. You can share your feedback with the developers or other Community Playtest members there.

Is a network connection required to participate?

Yes, an active broadband network connection is required to both download the game as well as participate in the Community Playtesting session. We recommend connecting your PC or console to a wired ethernet connection when downloading the build. Also, download the build well in advance so that you don’t miss out on any gameplay.

Do I need an Xbox Live Gold account or a PlayStation Plus subscription to join a Community Playtesting session on either of those consoles?
Any Community Playtesting session that includes an online multiplayer component will require an active Xbox Live Gold account. An active PlayStation Plus subscription is NOT required to participate in multiplayer modes.

Can I stream/share my experience during the Community Playtesting session? Can I tell my friends and family about anything?
No, you cannot post or share any in-game content (gameplay, screenshots, etc.) on social media or anywhere else, however, feel free to share the registration link with family and friends. As a reminder, see the terms that you agreed to when you signed up: Alpha Agreement and User Agreement. The only place to share your experience and feedback is the hidden forum on Answers HQ.

Can I participate in the Playtest session outside of my home?

All we ask is that you be mindful of your surroundings. Remember that you must adhere to the instructions of the Community Playtesting session itself as well as the terms of the Alpha Agreement and User Agreement.

Will I earn in-game achievements or trophies during the Playtests?
No, you will not be able to earn in-game achievements or trophies during the Community Playtesting sessions.

Will any progress made in the game carry over to the final version?
No, gameplay progress, achievements or trophies, characters, character data and/or any other value or status indicators achieved in the Community Playtest session will not transfer to any future release of the game.

Does getting access to the Playtest build mean I get to play it forever?
No, they will only run for a certain period of time. We turn off the Playtest servers once a Community Playtesting session has ended. You’ll still have that version of the game on your system, but you won’t be able to play it without access to the Playtest servers.

What games are coming to Community Playtesting?
We always have something in the works behind the scenes. Once you’re registered, you will know as soon as a new opportunity is available. Keep an eye on your email to see what’s coming next.

I’ve signed up for a Community Playtesting session. What do the different registration statuses mean?
If you have signed up for a non-waitlist Community Playtesting session, your status will remain Pending until we have verified your details. Please allow several days for your status to change from Pending to Approved.

I’ve signed up for a Community Playtesting session. What does it mean to be on a waitlist?
There is a capacity limit for some Community Playtesting sessions. Once the playtest has begun and we need more players we will invite people on the waitlist to join in the Community Playtest session. Keep an eye out for your session status to change and the email with download instructions.

I’ve signed up for a Community Playtesting session on one platform but would like to change my signup to a different platform.
Unfortunately, you are unable to change your desired platform after signing up for one.

I’ve signed up for a Community Playtest session, but did not receive any further communication.
Registration does not guarantee participation. Some Community Playtest sessions operate on a first come, first served basis. Only successful registrants will be contacted with further instructions. If your session status is set to Approved and you have not received an email with download instructions, please reach out to Answers HQ for support.

spectre.png
Message 3 of 5 (20,683 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Get Playtest Build

How will I get notified that I can participate?
You will be invited based on the preferences you expressed and then it will be on a first come first serve basis. We’ll send you an email if you are in when the Playtest build is ready to download. That email will be your confirmation that you get to participate in the Community Playtesting session.

How will I get the Playtest version of the game?

We’ll grant Playtest build access to everyone we invite to a particular Community Playtesting session. The Download Now email will provide specific instructions on how to get access to the build.

Why is the game not showing up on my account?
Make sure you’re signed into the same account that received the invitation for the Community Playtesting session.

How do I check the region of my PlayStation store account?
The region of your account and your PlayStation™ Store are the same. If you can’t remember the region of your account (selected during setup) you can check through account management.

1. Sign in to account management online.
  2. Select [Basic Account Information] from the sidebar.
  3. Select “Edit” the [Residential Address]
  4. Scroll to the bottom of the page to see the [Country/Region] section.

spectre.png
Message 4 of 5 (20,677 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

How to Sign Up

Do I need any kind of account to participate?
Yes, you will need an EA Account to join any of the Community Playtesting sessions. If you do not already have one, sign up today.

How do I sign up for this program?
First, log in with your EA Account on this portal. Once you’ve accepted the agreements you can sign up for available Community Playtesting sessions.

spectre.png
Message 5 of 5 (20,674 Views)