"Need for Speed Network: Overwatch" PC to PS4 connection problem

by schroom92

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

"Need for Speed Network: Overwatch" PC to PS4 connection problem

★★★★★ Newbie

Specifically, I am using the PS4 version and when I connect to the Need for Speed Network in the bottom left hand corner it says "Playstation 4 Not Connected" while at the same time it will update my stats and information. It lists my friends list, but it says there are 0 friends playing. I am currently watching my friend play and he is online, so I was wondering what I had to do to make the Network recognize that he is online. The Overwatch feature of the NFS: Network app intermittently showed a friend online for a few seconds before cycling the connection last night, but today it won't even pretend like he is online and I'm watching him play again. Really cool feature, but anyone know how to make a reliable connection? My internet is solid, but is it me or just a buggy new feature?

Message 1 of 35 (15,068 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: "Need for Speed Network: Overwatch" PC to PS4 connection problem

★★ Novice

I was having issues also with connecting, but once I started a race, all of a sudden it said my PS4 was connected.

View in thread

Message 17 of 35 (9,001 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Yes, I have the same problem. Since there is no android app yet i have to us PC for overwatch to unlock stuff but it's never showed that it's connected with ps4.

Message 2 of 35 (14,875 Views)

★★ Novice

I have this same problem but only im using Xbox 360

Message 3 of 35 (14,871 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Me too except on ps3 and it not connecting to my tablet
Message 4 of 35 (14,827 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same issue but with the PC version of the game.

Has anyone found an answer to the problem yet?

I'm using IE 11 browser for playing overwatch, could it be the browser that I use? Has anyone tried another browser with the same problem?

Message 5 of 35 (14,636 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

I have posted a message here ( Need for speed network app, how to connect ps4?) but I think it's the same issue.

Can you please confirm the following:

1. The connection status indicates "Not connected" even if you are.
  2. None of your friends are identified online for the same reason (assuming they are having the same issue)
Message 6 of 35 (14,406 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm on the 360 and have noticed that overwatch only starts a connection to the console once you leave the garage and start driving. Hope it's the same for everyone else.

Message 7 of 35 (14,374 Views)

★★ Novice

I had the same issues. 

When I used Google Chrome browser instead of IE everything worked fine complete with a PS4 connected notice.

Change to Chrome and try that if it is an available browser or maybe safari as they're similar.

Message 8 of 35 (13,938 Views)

★★ Novice

Chrome didn't work for me.

Message 9 of 35 (13,841 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I cant get it to connect, whether im in the game in the garage or not. it doesnt connect.

Message 10 of 35 (13,282 Views)