Re: Performance issue, very bad FPS and FPS drops

by psychic717

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

If you check Google you will find videos of the game on Youtube at 60fps. It is far worse than the issue we have at 30fps. The physics get totally f*#@ked up and the car is so fast it's undrivable.

Message 61 of 401 (2,666 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Tried both the ESC key and the Alt+Enter windowing command suggested elsewhere without noticeable results. The lag does make it more challenging to level up and unlock new cars. Or, I should say, impossible.

Message 62 of 401 (2,631 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@jjrcng:

You can get 60 FPS at normal speed if you use these commands in the command line: -GameTime.MaxSimFps 60 -GameTime.ForceSimRate 60

But with the value 60 it only works if you really reach the 60 FPS constantly. Otherwise the game feels like slow motion, like it does in the FPS drops.

I can play nearly every game at the moment in 50-60 FPS except Rivals. Here I have 25-30 with huge drops. So the fix is nothing for me till a patch Frown

Message 63 of 401 (2,627 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

My problem is in the sound. It does a weird sound when using nitro and colliding.i also can't ear the police sirens only my own if im controling a cop car.

Message 64 of 401 (2,607 Views)

★ Pro

Rest assured, the team at Ghost Studios where well aware of this issue even before they released the game. You have to realize that the big bad wolf here isn't Ghost Studios, but EA.

1. EA is the publisher and decides when the game will get released, no pushing.

2. Console is the priority, piracy isn't really that big of an issue and retail price is 25% higher which means more profit

3. Even more important since PS4 and XB1 debuts. Priority to make them work on all four platforms.

4. Just make PC port runnable, with as few bugs as possible. Performance will be patched later on.

This is the same thing as we had with Most  Wanted last year. There where some Criterion members that wrote and replied here, but there was like 6 posts or something in total in a three-four months period if I remember correctly. eanajat takes care of this site, doesn't have anything to do with the game, but makes sure that all what we share here will be forwarded to Ghost.

It will be patched, it will be better but at this point we don't know when or how much the patching will actually do. What we do know is that it's utterly poor optimized (if you can even use that word) and that we're stuck with hard coded 30fps lock, with little to none options when it comes to gfx settings. At the moment I find the texture loading issue to be the WORST. After that we have the very off choice of making someone else a host for the whole session. Two biggest problems if you ask me.

Stay patient for now and tell everyone to avoid buying it for PC for the time being.

Message 65 of 401 (2,576 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Regarding the FPS drops issue you are reporting in this thread, most of you provided their specs but could you please also provide so more info. When or where the FPS drop occurs? Are you doing a specific action in-game or not (happening randomly)?

Also, have you tried to revert back to the previous graphic card driver version in order to perform a test?

Some of you provided a brief description such as scrble below, but could you please also post the details of the situation. Thanks.

@scrble wrote:

Still have slow downs in certain areas and stutters throughout.

Message 66 of 401 (2,554 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

CPU: i5 2500k @ 4,4Ghz (1.376v)
MOBO: ASRock P67 Extreme6
RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengance CL9 1600Mhz
PSU: Corsair AX860i
GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Classified (1293Mhz core/ 6508Mhz Ram) (331.82  WHQL-drivers)
MONITOR: AOC G2460PQU 144Hz (currently @ 120hz since 144hz won't work for some reason)
SOUND: ASUS Xonar D1
KEYBOARD/MOUSE: MS 600 Black/SteelSeries Sensei RAW Rubberized
HDD: A-Data 511-Series 60GB (OS-disk), 2x1TB WD Caviar

FPS drops are quite insignificant at the hard locked 30fps, it becomes more noticable during 60 fps gameplay. Particullary the bay area where it drops to around 35 in the areas closest to the water. About every other area has drops of one fps here and there. The desert area is of course the one that works best since it has the least to load.

With 30fps lock, video card stays at stock clocks used for 2d applications and average about 30-35% GPU usage. With 60fps the card reaches it's overclock but still isn't using the GPU more than around the 70-mark.

Message 67 of 401 (2,540 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

The FPS drops occur randomly but there are areas of the game where it happens always to some people.

Right above "Gullwing Drive" on the map, that area causes FPS drops to a lot of people.

Also I notice that my CPU usage increases a lot in that area, pratically 90/99%.

There are more areas where this happens.

Like the construction area present in an highway with an overpass and a hideout in the middle of the construction. (the highway between Troll Pass and Grand Peak Drive). Probably others, just don't know them all.

eanajat, keep in mind that most of the drops are caused by specific areas of the map.

Although I mostly experience stuttering I'm posting my specs:

Windows 8.1 64bit

Intel Core i5 4670K @ 4.40GHz
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 RipjawsX @ 1600Mhz
EVGA GeForce GTX 770 @ 1254/3856Mhz (331.82 drivers)

P.S.: Please also look into texture flickering, it's really bad in some areas.

Message 68 of 401 (2,533 Views)

Does the delay occurs when numerous tech is deployed (i.e. a number of spike strips)? Also, for those who have not mentioned it yet, where exactly this is happening on the map?

Message 69 of 401 (2,522 Views)

@psychic717 wrote:

P.S.: Please also look into texture flickering, it's really bad in some areas.

Psychic717 - Are you experiencing the same graphical issue as the one described here (see picture?)

Message 70 of 401 (2,512 Views)