[PS4] game installation stuck

by thedrakonlord

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[PS4] game installation stuck

★ Apprentice

Hi,

I recently downloaded the digital version of the game and after finishing both tutorials my game went back to the main screen and then attempted to install the game. However my it is now stuck at 12% and has not changed for the last 4 hours.

Message 1 of 30 (302,196 Views)

Accepted Solution

SOLUTION

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

The solution is to delete the game completely from your PS4, and start the download again. Once the PS4 adds the " update file " to your download list, stop the download by deleting the update file. Let the other file download and install. Start the game, and play through the tutorial and then quit the game and THEN download and install the update file. This way the update downloads and installs OUTSIDE of the game instead of causing you to be stuck in-game during this process which totally provents you from doing anything else. The game should be fully functional after. Yes, we shouldn't have to do this but until EA fixes the update file this is the ONLY way to NOT get stuck.

Hope this helps!

View in thread

Message 9 of 30 (322,921 Views)

All Replies

Re: [PS4] game installation stuck

★★ Novice

me 2 .. stuck at 47%

Message 2 of 30 (301,938 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem only mine was stuck at 70% after tutorial so I deleted it and redownloaded the whole thing only to be stuck at 0% now Frown

Message 3 of 30 (301,870 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue, stuck at 53% after tutorial. Reinstalling ont help either.

Need a solution fast. 

Message 4 of 30 (301,823 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This is absolutely disgraceful. I have the exact same issue. I also had the first issue when the car did not accelerate then I followed EA's instructions to complete the tutorial off-line. I followed all the instructions but now the thing is stuck installing at only 12%!!! Absolutely disgraceful that EA can allow a product like this out. I will be very careful before I ever consider buying another EA product again
Message 5 of 30 (301,636 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Same overhere. 63%
What is the solution ?
Message 6 of 30 (301,563 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@LexPloSiV 

Do you have a physical copy (disk?)

If so, please clean the disk first - This has resolved the same issue for many players.

If the issue persists:

• Restore Licenses
    If you become unable to start content you downloaded from PlayStation®Store or become unable to use add-on content, this might fix the problem.
    Select [PSNSM] > [Restore Licenses].
Message 7 of 30 (301,558 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I just bought the game the full edition on store ps4....

I have this same problem played intro back to install screen then freeze...

First the psn hack then this i payed but cant play wtf 

I also had already set primary ps4 and i refreshed my licenses....

Nothing changed

Fix plz

Message 8 of 30 (301,392 Views)

SOLUTION

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

The solution is to delete the game completely from your PS4, and start the download again. Once the PS4 adds the " update file " to your download list, stop the download by deleting the update file. Let the other file download and install. Start the game, and play through the tutorial and then quit the game and THEN download and install the update file. This way the update downloads and installs OUTSIDE of the game instead of causing you to be stuck in-game during this process which totally provents you from doing anything else. The game should be fully functional after. Yes, we shouldn't have to do this but until EA fixes the update file this is the ONLY way to NOT get stuck.

Hope this helps!

Message 9 of 30 (322,922 Views)

Re: SOLUTION

★★★★★ Newbie

Your agod ty it worked 

Message 10 of 30 (301,147 Views)