Need for speed rivals xbox one loading screen freeze......

by phillypily19

Original Post

Re: Need for speed rivals xbox one loading screen freeze......

★★ Novice

SOLVED : It worked !!! After one year of agony and frustration. I tired restarting console, deleting and reinstalling again on internal and external hard drives. Nothing worked.

So this is what I did that worked. I don’t which of these steps worked but you might as well follow the same pattern.

1- I went to games icons/pins in xbox. Clicked menu for NFS RIVALS , “Manage games and add-on” for this specific game . On the left column it says Saved Data. I deleted that saved data. Don’t worry Its going to download again from cloud. I deleted mine from xbox and server both, when it asked.

2- But what I really think made it work was this one. In one of the solution from EA it says “ Clear persistent storage “ something to do with Blu ray setting. I KNOW. What the hell Blu-Ray setting has to do with game .. Right. But as soon as I did cleared that, the next time I started the game, it was WORKING !!!.

1. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.
2. Select System > Settings.
3. Select Disc & Blu-ray.

SOLVED.

Just in case, Here is the link which tell you to "CLEAR PERSISTENT storage."

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Need-for-Speed-2015/Console-Troubleshooting/td-p/4908815

Message 211 of 323 (2,329 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yea me too

Message 212 of 323 (2,205 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@HaUThought69 wrote:

Yea me too

You too what? You are not being very specific. Are you agreeing with the comment from the previous poster, or are you saying that you are also having issues with the game???

Message 213 of 323 (2,203 Views)

Re: Need for Speed Rivals Freezes and Crashes to Dashboard Xbox One

★★ Novice

This same thing happens to me too and I just got the game.

Message 214 of 323 (2,041 Views)

NFSR Freezing

★ Novice

NFSR, I play for 5, 10 and sometimes 15 min and the game freezes.  Sometimes its a full picture and sometimes its a broken frame area.  Recent I went through 2 tunnels and the tunnel looked blocked.....i enter the tunnel 1 and it was OK.....tunnel 2 the road disappeared and i was flying and the game froze.

I am running well over the min and recommended requirements for the game.  I have checked for updates on all my hardware and software.  I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the game and repair the game.

I had this issue in online mode, then switched to single player mode.....same issue.  Other games on Origin and Steam run fine.  This game is the only game I have an issue with.

Would appreciate in knowing if the servers were having issue on this day 8/13/19 around 2200 CST to 0100 on 8/14/19.  If no server issues then Maybe there is a fix someone can lead me to. 

Thanks! 

Message 215 of 323 (2,026 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Electronic Arts provided four solutions, which I applied all, but which didn't work on long-term, maybe it worked until I rebooted my Xbox One, if I remember well.

Spoiler
DELETE CLOUD SAVES
1. On Home, pull the right trigger, and then press A to open My games and apps.
2. Highlight the game, press the Menu button on your controller, and then select Manage game.
3. Scroll to the right, highlight the saved data for your gamertag under Saved Data, and then press A on your controller.
4. Choose Delete everywhere.
5. Restart Console

CLEAR PERSISTENT STORAGE
If console is wired connected, remove Ethernet cable. If console is wireless, Go to Settings > Network > Select their Network > Disconnect.
Once it is back on, press Menu button > Settings > Blu Ray & Disc > Persistent Storage > Clear Persistent Storage three times.

POWERCYCLE XBOX ONE
Follow these steps to power cycle your Xbox One Console:
1. While the console is on, press and hold the console's Xbox button for 5 seconds.
2. The console will power down.
3. Wait 30 seconds, and then turn your console back on by again pressing the Xbox button.

CHANGE PRIVACY SETTINGS
1. From the Home Screen, using the controller scroll left to the navigation pane.
2. Scroll down to Settings Icon.
3. In the Setting menu scroll down to Account.
4. Under Account, select Family.
5. Enter the password or passkey.
6. Select the account that you want to update.
7. Select the category of settings you want to update, such as Privacy & online safety.
8. Select the Adult defaults.
9. Toggle back to Child defaults and then finally back to Adult defaults once more.
10. Powercyle the console to complete the troubleshooting.

-But for long term, better to use an integrated solution; my NAT (Network Area Translation) having been moderate only, and UPnP not available, what is not optimal, despite a Gold-Live subscription.

-I finally found the solution, after 2 months, I think, and it is really simple..:

1. In the operating system screen, its welcome screen, click on your account avatar;
  2. Go three times on the right, and one time under: In the Settings;
    1. About Account, click on the 3rd option: Privacy & Online safety;
      1. Then 1st option: Xbox Live;
      2. -I had the child defaults. But: Click Custom. If applicable, then: View details.
        1. Then 4th option: Communication & Multi-player.
          1. Normally, the 1st option: Multi-player on Xbox Live should be allowed (and your subscription: active); but here, additionally, the second option: Play with people outside of Xbox Live: Allow, (instead of "block"), shall be active, in order to promote the multi-player, including on the Electronic Arts servers.

Normally, it fixes the problem; if you go in Settings --> Network --> Network settings: The NAT becomes Open, what is good for play abilities, and all the services, including UPnP, should be rendered available.

Normally, this makes the players pass the prologue easily for on-line game on long-term. This worked, for me.

(I did not try to play without Live subscription, but normally, Live subscription is additionally required).

Message 216 of 323 (2,014 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Doesn't matter what you did. You got lucky. It is a EA server issue has nothing to do with xbox live. Did you ready the comments

Message 217 of 323 (2,009 Views)

★ Guide

@ARocksanneSwiss  I'm sorry but your explanation of a "possible" solution doesn't really make sense. Those settings your saying to change are already set like that by default for most people, but since your account settings was set to a child's account you wouldn't have known that.  Like @jcriver442 said you got lucky, but I doubt it will last. 

Message 218 of 323 (1,999 Views)

★★★ Novice

@BossDad4Life442 Your inference is false. As if a defective server has nothing to do with the internet connection, but also that you have not set your Wi-Fi on, I guess the internet connection has to be set first. In this way, since the Microsoft subscription for online playing is said by the company to be required, I guess that it acts as a first barrier.

I don't really know what does your last sentence mean; it seems that you made your comment un-ready; your last sentence shall take a dot, as any other sentence.

Message 219 of 323 (1,984 Views)

★★★ Novice

@xboxbabe70 I am not interested in what makes sense in matter of working hardware - but in what works. I did not want of plays outside Live, because I wanted the most restrictive (and "thus" secure) system.

The fact that most people have set to adult account does not mean that this is these people who are having the problem of this thread, but the ones who have not understood. Moreover, as far as I remember, the adult account may have not the plays active outside Live - but I concede not-to-be sure of this last specific point.

Message 220 of 323 (1,983 Views)