Need for speed rivals for Xbox one keeps freezing at loading screen.

by lightersup420

Original Post

Re: Need for speed rivals for Xbox one keeps freezing at loading screen.

★ Guide

@Shad0wWard0n wrote:
@EA_BarryThis did nothing for me I did all the steps

Hi, The game will work 100% offline, just disconnect your internet to your xbox under "network settings" and then start the game. If you really want to play online, you can disconnect your Xbox from the internet, start the game offline, then once in your garage turn your internet back on but this is not a guaranteed solution for multiplayer mode. Hope this helps you! Standard smile

Message 71 of 144 (2,029 Views)

★ Guide

@fabianloveless wrote:
@lightersup420

I have been having the same problem. Need for speed rivals will glitch as freeze out when loading in. What I found that works is loading a different need for speed game that works, log in to EA, and go back to rivals. There may be an issue with logging into EA on rivals, so logging into it in another game bypasses that on rivals and I get to play. I’m not sure that it works with everyone but it’s worth a shot Standard smile

Hi, I hate to tell you, but if the game did indeed start for you after loading a different NFS game it was pure luck that it worked, and I'm sure won't work again. As I've said in previous posts/replies etc...the issue is not with the game, or with EA accounts, it is a EA server issue, I know this because I have tested the game extensively online, offline, with different accounts, and some weren't even registered with EA. There for, it is impossible that the issue is associated with logging into EA accounts. However with my extensive research and testing I have discovered that you can play 100% crash/freeze free offline by disconnecting your Xbox from the internet prior to starting the game. Now, should you wish to absolutely play online, you can start the game offline, then once in your garage reconnect to the internet. Keep in mind that playing online might still cause the game to crash/freeze because playing online the game in someway connects the game to EA servers to be able to match you with other online players, even if your not logged into an EA account. Hope this helps if you ever run into the issue again! Standard smile

Message 72 of 144 (2,018 Views)

★★★★ Novice

as a NFS fan, i wanted to boot on Rivals from my xbox one X, and same issue, that is unnaceaptable, they need to fix this,  it an EA server issue and nothing else, if nobody plays the game EA play shoudl let you host an online seesion even if you are alone like it was on burnout revenge a few months ago for example. . 

EA is a big advocate of online gaming, while most of these have a solo campaign, and we paid for the game either on disc or digital , this game still can be purchased, so this "issue" should be fixed since , i cannot believe this issue exists since a while... i own all NFS on xbox , i have being able to launch NFS, Payback, Heat  but not the one even after i ve logged into each via my EA account. 

i'm so happy to see hot pusuit 2 coming in a few days, already preordered it, but this needs to be fix , for the sake of game ownership and game preservation over time. 

i do not want to switch to offline to be able to play a game. in this case they need to patch the game shut down the servers if they need to , but WE NEED TO ACCESS THE GAME WITHOUT any issues.. 

i strongly advice everybody here not to complain HERE, but go on TWITTER and tweet to @EA and @criteriongames  to have some visibility , and they'll react, cos if most of us complain here , nothing will happen , cos the average player will not see or hear about this issue. 

Message 73 of 144 (1,987 Views)

★★★ Newbie

YEP THAT WORKED.......GO TO SETTINGS / NETWORK....HIT OFFLINE ....THEN LOG IN AND GO BACK ONLINE AND IT WORKS EVERY TIME......3 YEARS OF FREEZES !!!!SOLVED!!!!

THANX NANCY DREW!!

Message 74 of 144 (1,839 Views)

★ Guide

@WORKEDWARRIOR62 wrote:

YEP THAT WORKED.......GO TO SETTINGS / NETWORK....HIT OFFLINE ....THEN LOG IN AND GO BACK ONLINE AND IT WORKS EVERY TIME......3 YEARS OF FREEZES !!!!SOLVED!!!!

THANX NANCY DREW!!

@WORKEDWARRIOR62  Actually, you should be able to run it now without going offline or doing anything else, as it appears that since Rivals is now on game pass that EA has had to either A) open more servers and start maintaining them due to the influx of players playing it on game pass, or B) the game is now being run on Microsoft servers. Personally I think it's B), just because I still don't think EA would put any efforts into running servers for an old game. GAME ON! Standard smile

Message 75 of 144 (1,831 Views)

★ Guide

@angealexiel17 wrote:

as a NFS fan, i wanted to boot on Rivals from my xbox one X, and same issue, that is unnaceaptable, they need to fix this,  it an EA server issue and nothing else, if nobody plays the game EA play shoudl let you host an online seesion even if you are alone like it was on burnout revenge a few months ago for example. . 

EA is a big advocate of online gaming, while most of these have a solo campaign, and we paid for the game either on disc or digital , this game still can be purchased, so this "issue" should be fixed since , i cannot believe this issue exists since a while... i own all NFS on xbox , i have being able to launch NFS, Payback, Heat  but not the one even after i ve logged into each via my EA account. 

i'm so happy to see hot pusuit 2 coming in a few days, already preordered it, but this needs to be fix , for the sake of game ownership and game preservation over time. 

i do not want to switch to offline to be able to play a game. in this case they need to patch the game shut down the servers if they need to , but WE NEED TO ACCESS THE GAME WITHOUT any issues.. 

i strongly advice everybody here not to complain HERE, but go on TWITTER and tweet to @EA and @criteriongames  to have some visibility , and they'll react, cos if most of us complain here , nothing will happen , cos the average player will not see or hear about this issue. 

Game should work fine now, it has for me and many others since it has been put on game pass. I am assuming it is due to the fact that since it is on game pass now EA has either had to open and maintain more servers for it or the game is now being run on Microsoft servers, either way game seems to be working now. Let us know what happens if you try to play it again soon but I'm sure you shouldn't have any issues, as I have tested it many times since it's been on game pass with success.

Message 76 of 144 (1,830 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Awesome news, i'm pretty sure it's because now they have switched to the Azure Servers of Microsoft... i'll try tomorrow. 

but i caouldn't imagine they kept this game on sale with this issue for so long, there is no word for it... 

Message 77 of 144 (1,824 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have the same problem sense 2020

Message 78 of 144 (1,791 Views)

★ Apprentice

From 2018

Message 79 of 144 (1,792 Views)

★ Apprentice

EA is too lazy to fix it 

Message 80 of 144 (1,792 Views)