Need for speed rivals for Xbox one keeps freezing at loading screen.

by lightersup420

Original Post

Re: Need for speed rivals for Xbox one keeps freezing at loading screen.

★ Guide

@sandos45 wrote:

I've done all these steps and it still freezes

Did you disconnect from the internet prior to starting the game? If not, try that it will work offline guaranteed but you have to be disconnected from internet before starting the game, once the game starts and your in your garage you can then reconnect the internet, but playing online can disconnect you from EA servers again.
Message 51 of 144 (3,339 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@lightersup420 Still having this issue, I’ve contacted EA support countless times only to be told to try the “troubleshooting” every time even when I let the spokesperson know I’ve already tried these steps there is no further communication. Gotta love being robbed pretty much.
Message 52 of 144 (3,249 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@WhitechapLE710 I seem to have gotten around this by deleting my save data and canceling the cloud sync.
Message 53 of 144 (3,124 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I wish I saw this before I deleted all my save data.. Honestly, I'm starting to think EA is becoming a huge joke

Message 54 of 144 (3,051 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Misery313 wrote:

I wish I saw this before I deleted all my save data.. Honestly, I'm starting to think EA is becoming a huge joke

If you referring to the fact that the previous poster said that he has gotten around the issue by deleting his data, he/she got lucky. This solution is temporary it might work a couple of times but eventually the game will  start to crash/freeze again. The current only known fix is to play offline, disconnect the xbox from the internet  then start the game, problem solved! Now if you want you really want to play online with your friends, you can disconnect your xbox from the internet, start the game, then once in your garage reconnect to the internet,, then you should be able to play online, but it's not guaranteed that the game won't crash out while playing online but you have a better chance of being able to play online with friends trying this solution, then starting the game traditionally.  gl!

Message 55 of 144 (3,033 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@PendingDemiseALT wrote:
@WhitechapLE710I seem to have gotten around this by deleting my save data and canceling the cloud sync.

Please let us know if the game crashed/freezes while playing, and how many times were you able to start and play the game since you deleted your save data without it crashing/freezing?

Message 56 of 144 (3,032 Views)

★★★ Newbie

2020 and my game does same thing. Takes an hr just to play a game I downloaded. But I am game sharing. Maybe it's a game sharing issue. 

Message 57 of 144 (2,947 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Dear EA, I love the game 'Need For Speed: Rivals; when it work that is. I have attempted all of the steps to fix the problem. Here is the issue; the troubleshooting steps did not fix the problem. At least 105 people are experiencing this issue. I am more then willing to bet that there are more. Now, it appears to be mostly or completely Xbox One. So there has to be something inside the cross comparability coding that is causing an issue. If you would please fix this issue instead of holding up the rep you have now, all EA games would benefit massively. 

Sincerely,

Firedusk 

Thank you!!!

Message 58 of 144 (2,844 Views)

★ Guide

@Slayer032746 wrote:

Dear EA, I love the game 'Need For Speed: Rivals; when it work that is. I have attempted all of the steps to fix the problem. Here is the issue; the troubleshooting steps did not fix the problem. At least 105 people are experiencing this issue. I am more then willing to bet that there are more. Now, it appears to be mostly or completely Xbox One. So there has to be something inside the cross comparability coding that is causing an issue. If you would please fix this issue instead of holding up the rep you have now, all EA games would benefit massively. 

Sincerely,

Firedusk 

Thank you!!!

hi @Slayer032746 Unfortunately EA does not monitor this forum so they will not see your post. We did at one point have a community manager say he was going to look into the crash/freeze issues but never did. As far as a the game goes, the issue with the game happens before the game even loads so it would not have anything to do with cross-platforming/multiplayer. From all the information and testing etc...that I and others have done, the issue seems to be connected to EA server, and unless they decide to remaster the game or remake it and fix the issues with their servers, I'm afraid we will have to play offline in order to guarantee a crash free game play. Have a good day! Standard smile

Message 59 of 144 (2,828 Views)

★ Guide

@bobbyharge54 wrote:

2020 and my game does same thing. Takes an hr just to play a game I downloaded. But I am game sharing. Maybe it's a game sharing issue. 

Hi, @bobbyharge54 I have never game shared, and the game crashes/freezes for me all the time, there for it is not a game sharing issue. From all the information and testing etc... that I and others have done, the issue seems to be connected to EA server, and unless they decide to remaster the game or remake it and fix the issues with their servers, I'm afraid we will have to play offline in order to guarantee a crash free game play. Have a good day! Standard smile

Message 60 of 144 (2,824 Views)