Re: Need for speed rivals PC Lag

by trickeh2k

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Need for speed rivals PC Lag

★★★ Newbie

I just downloaded it last few days and the instrument of the game is fine. But whenever I start play the game, the screen definitely lag and freeze. 

Can anyone know how to solve the issue?

Im using Acer Laptop and it runs window 8, core i5, and Intel HD graphics.

Message 1 of 14 (34,689 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@ThoughtSquire29

If you reply to this thread with a dxdiag I will take a closer look at your system to determine why you are experiencing lag.

In the meantime you can try the following:

• Disable Origin in-game
  • Right-click Need for Speed in Origin, then select Repair Game
  • Update your gpu drivers with a clean installation
  • Check out our crashing and freezing article
  • If you play on a laptop, setup a gaming profile
  • Unplug all non-mandatory USB and other devices from your system
  • Try a clean boot to exclude background programs from causing issues
  • Lastly, we've received reports from users stating that the Asus GameFirst app caused fps issues for them. You could try momentarily turning this or similar apps off

View in thread

Message 12 of 14 (18,610 Views)

All Replies

★ Pro

The game is badly optimized for PC, but the freezing occurs on all platforms. Is it when your car stops for no reason in the middle of the road?

Message 2 of 14 (34,344 Views)

★★★ Newbie
My car didn't stop in the middle of the road but it feels like everything is in a slow-motion. Yea, it is a badly optimized for PC...
Message 3 of 14 (34,337 Views)

★ Pro

That's because the came is hard capped to 30fps. If you're used to 60fps or more, then ofc it's gonna be a bit hard to get adjusted to. You can however bypass it by using command lines, although I wouldn't suggest it. It will drop in fps, regardless of how powerful your pc is. Problem is that when it drops it has a huge impact on the steering, acceleration etc.

If you have a powerful PC I would recommend using the rendering option to at least make the game look like a proper PC game and just try to get adjusted to the 30fps until a patch comes along to sort that out.

Make a shortcut to the exe file and add this after the search path -GameTime.MaxSimFps 60 -GameTime.ForceSimRate 60

If you want the higher rendering settings instead, use -Render.ResolutionScale 2.0

Message 4 of 14 (34,337 Views)

I FOUND THE SOULTION

★★★ Newbie

Finally i got the solution :D . here: http://tiptotrick.net/need-for-speed-rivals-lag-fix-pc/ 

Message 5 of 14 (31,068 Views)

★ Novice

Hello. My car stops for no reason on the road for few secs and then go... Time is ticking anyway, so this is frustrating. Any idea how to fix it?

Message 6 of 14 (27,863 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I Solved it.Go to Control Panel. Then Go to Device Manager. Here you will see display adapter. In the Display adapter update the all things.

Sorry for my bad language. This worked on my laptop.If its worked on you please reply me

Message 7 of 14 (25,274 Views)

Re: Need for speed rivals PC Lag Solved

★★★ Newbie

I Solved it.Go to Control Panel. Then Go to Device Manager. Here you will see display adapter. In the Display adapter update the all things.

Sorry for my bad language. This worked on my laptop.If its worked on you please reply me

Message 8 of 14 (25,273 Views)

★★★ Newbie

THANKS. HELPED A LOT.

Message 9 of 14 (24,076 Views)

★ Novice

someone help me i started nfs rivals up and my car is lagging i play on origin

Message 10 of 14 (16,103 Views)