Re: Need for speed Rivals DLC not working

by xX_YellowDude_Xx

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Need for speed Rivals DLC not working

★★ Novice

I purchased a couple of the car packs for NFS: Rivals, and they worked... Until I got a new computer. I downloaded the game on my new computer, and it acted as if I had never purchased any of the DLC. Try as I might, I can't get the DLC to actually activate on my new computer.

Message 1 of 6 (5,691 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

They all display as installed, yet after two uninstalls and reinstalls, they fail to show.
Before the first reinstall, when I ran it in offline mode, it worked, so I think it's something with the save files. However, I tried all that I can, including a solution for re-syncing the save files, but have had no success.
What is also strange is that when I first load into the game, it displays my DLC car that I was using last, but then right before it finishes loading, it switches away to one of the default starting cars.

--Edit--

Ok, so when I play in offline mode, everything is as it should be. I have all my cars and DLC. Whenever I go into online mode, it loads the car that I was just using, but then it resets it to the first car you can use, and then eliminates the DLC and Overwatch car from my garage. So the problem lies in some form of authentication between my account and my saves/purchases.

--Edit-- 
It's working now. Once I went out onto the road and came back to a hideout, it reset so my DLC is all back and everything is working again. Probably just a random glitch when I switched computers.

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (6,220 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

@cappachino559 

All your DLCs are listed on your Origin Account (in the Origin Client.)

I guess you just have to install them on the new system.

Open Origin, click on Need for Speed Rivals and on the [ i ] symbol.

Scroll down, you should see the list of all your add-ons and Bonuses.

Verify their status, install them if necessary.

Please let us know how it goes - Thanks.

Message 2 of 6 (5,638 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

They all display as installed, yet after two uninstalls and reinstalls, they fail to show.
Before the first reinstall, when I ran it in offline mode, it worked, so I think it's something with the save files. However, I tried all that I can, including a solution for re-syncing the save files, but have had no success.
What is also strange is that when I first load into the game, it displays my DLC car that I was using last, but then right before it finishes loading, it switches away to one of the default starting cars.

--Edit--

Ok, so when I play in offline mode, everything is as it should be. I have all my cars and DLC. Whenever I go into online mode, it loads the car that I was just using, but then it resets it to the first car you can use, and then eliminates the DLC and Overwatch car from my garage. So the problem lies in some form of authentication between my account and my saves/purchases.

--Edit-- 
It's working now. Once I went out onto the road and came back to a hideout, it reset so my DLC is all back and everything is working again. Probably just a random glitch when I switched computers.

Message 3 of 6 (6,221 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have found the solution. You just pass a quoted blow driver / Police after revener you or you were and surprise your car dlc

Message 4 of 6 (4,995 Views)

★★ Novice
It worked, I just had to get on the road get back to hideout/command post, I wonder did they missed this on testing?
Message 5 of 6 (4,056 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Yelloris Huh I’m confused I got the complete edition on ps4.I also got the 9.99 all 6 previous car packs for my sons account.We’re both level 3 and my sons dlc is unlocked and mine is just a lock icon on my downloaded dlc .
Message 6 of 6 (2,258 Views)