Re: Need for Speed Rivals losing control of the game suddenly.

by banzaigtv

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Need for Speed Rivals losing control of the game suddenly.

★★ Novice

Hello Guys,

I need your help to solve one problem. I would like to know if someone else is getting the same "bug".

When i'm playing the game, after some minuts i lose control of everything on game, my commmands dont work, for anything. I cant even close the game, so i need to go for the task management and then close the game.

Anyone knows what should i do?

Message 3 of 10 (2,207 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@Austrainy

A clean boot as detailed by @XTwiztedChaosX should help with that. It could be that conflicting programs on your system are causing the game or system to be unresponsive.

I would also recommend to unplug all devices from your system except for your mouse and keyboard to see if that makes a difference. 

Please let us know how you get on.

Edit: @kiill56, moved your topic into this one as you seem to be experiencing the same issue. Please try the steps we listed in this topic.

I did notice that you set your DPI settings to 150%. Please change the size / scaling of items on your screen back to 100% which should solve any in-game problems.

Note that Need for Speed Rivals will not support Driving Wheels. The Xbox 360 controller and Keyboard at the only supported input devices for Need for Speed Rivals.

(Source)

View in thread

Message 6 of 10 (2,388 Views)

All Replies

[PC] - NFS Rivals - Cannot select cop/racer at the beggining of the game.

★★★ Newbie

Hello!

I have some problems with NFS Rivals. At the beggining of the game, after the short NIS, i can't select cop/racer, and i loose all functionality, i have tried whatever i could, i restarted the game with the "origin in-game" off and on several times, i disabled razer cortex, uninstalling and installing the game, almost everything there could be done and i can't make it work on my PC.

i will attach a DxDiag. 

Cmon EA! i trust i will get some help on this!

Message 1 of 10 (2,203 Views)

Re: [PC] - NFS Rivals - Cannot select cop/racer at the beggining of the game.

★★★ Newbie

Sorry, that was a outdated DxDiag, this is what i'm running now.
Basically the same thing only i'm running on windows 10

Message 2 of 10 (2,200 Views)

★ Guide

@Austrainy , what version of the game are you running? x86 or x64? If you're not sure, you can look in Rivals properties tab. Depending on your system, you might want to try and run one or the other. If you have a lower end system, would be best to run the x86. Also, when your game does this, do you bring up the task manager as soon as it happens? Next time it does it, wait a few seconds and see if it's goes into a "Host Migration" screen. Not sure if you've experienced the migration screen or not, but whenever a host of a session leaves, the server will assign another player as the host. Will happen in the middle of a race, being chased by cops, or chasing racers, etc. No given warning. You can also try adjusting your graphic settings. Go to the lowest and work up to find the best settings for it to run as intended. If none of that works, try doing a clean boot and then run the game:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

You'll have to go through trial and error, "rinse and repeat" to figure out what's causing it. You can also add a dxdialog notepad doc to a reply post and one of teh EA moderators on here can get it to the tech team to look over, or someone on here with the right knowledge can look through it and help further:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Run-DirectX-Diagnostic-Tool

Hope that helps some. 

Message 4 of 10 (2,194 Views)

★★ Novice

My PC configs:

Core i3 - 3250 3,5Ghz

GTX 750TI 2gb

8GB RAM MEMORY

1TB SEAGATE HD

Windows 10 Pro 64bits.

I dont know if you understood, but when i told you that i lose control of game, i mean that que game still running, but i can't send any command . My car statr to acelerate and crash everywhere without any reason. That is what happens....

Seems like a bug, and it started today, god knows why.

Even yet, i'll try what you recommended me.

Message 5 of 10 (2,184 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@Austrainy

A clean boot as detailed by @XTwiztedChaosX should help with that. It could be that conflicting programs on your system are causing the game or system to be unresponsive.

I would also recommend to unplug all devices from your system except for your mouse and keyboard to see if that makes a difference. 

Please let us know how you get on.

Edit: @kiill56, moved your topic into this one as you seem to be experiencing the same issue. Please try the steps we listed in this topic.

I did notice that you set your DPI settings to 150%. Please change the size / scaling of items on your screen back to 100% which should solve any in-game problems.

Note that Need for Speed Rivals will not support Driving Wheels. The Xbox 360 controller and Keyboard at the only supported input devices for Need for Speed Rivals.

(Source)

Message 6 of 10 (2,389 Views)

★★ Novice

I was thinking about the problem, by the way i tried the clean boot, but it didn't work. Then i realized that the problem started after the last Origin (program) last update.

I play the game since 26/04/2016 and didn't have any problem, till the update of origin. I have others game like Battlefield 4 and Dragon Age Inquisition, and they are working fine.

But the problem with NFS RIVALS continues.

I'm not sure, but i think that maybe this update can be the problem... Unfortunatelly i dont know if i can dont update and use a old version just for test it. (if i have any possibilities of do it, please tell me.)

Any sugestions?

I think, should be possible that this update is the problem. What do you think?

Message 7 of 10 (2,165 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Austrainy

You won't be able to downgrade to an older version of Origin. The update shouldn't be causing such an issue either but I will keep an eye out for further reports just in case.

Since we've gone through most steps I would recommend to right-click Rivals in Origin and select Repair Game. If that doesn't work then do a complete reinstall of the game. Preferably while in a clean boot.

Message 8 of 10 (2,156 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

What gamepad are you using? The XBOX One controller has issues in this game, but the XBOX 360 controller works fine.

Message 9 of 10 (2,123 Views)

★★★ Novice

Are you * or this is the only advice you can give. Unplug everything and shut down everything... sound to me like Rivals is a virus or something.

I have the same issue. I haven't changed a thing. only redefined keys for controls because, let's face it, your default keyboard settings are *.

I can play well for about 5 to 10 minutes and then the game will just stop receiving commands from my keyboard, will still run but unresponsive 100%

Message 10 of 10 (2,085 Views)