Need for Speed: Rivals - Proper SLI nVidia Inspector Settings

by unknownuserid20

Original Post

Need for Speed: Rivals - Proper SLI nVidia Inspector Settings

★★★ Novice

Posting this on a few forums... These are the settings I've found work very well with Need for Speed: Rivals to properly enable SLI and fix some really annoying lag issues I ran into. Naturally, this doesn't cure the 30 FPS issue that is hard-coded into the game.  This also does not cure the 5760x1080 FOV issue.  Hopefully a patch will be forthcoming for that.

Settings are directly ripped from the BF4 configuration. Utilize nVidia Inspector to modify the profiles (click on the wrench icon in Inspector, find Need for Speed: Rivals on the list, modify the following settings):

Setting ID / Setting Value

Compatibility Section
SLI compatibility bits (DX1x) / 0x080116F5

Antialiasing Section
Antialiasing - Behavior Flags / 0x00000005
NVIDIA Predefined FXAA Usage / Disallowed

SLI Section
NVIDIA predefined number of GPUs to use on SLI rendering mode on DirectX 10 / SLI_PREDEFINED_GPU_COUNT_DX10_FOUR
NVIDIA predefined SLI mode on DirectX 10 / SLI_PREDEFINED_MODE_DX10_FORCE_AFR

All other settings should remain on DEFAULT (will appear in grey).

Also, I'm running the 331.82 GeForce drivers and nVidia Inspector 1.9.7.2

If anyone finds better settings, share them!! These fixed a bunch of various issues I was having, specifically the inability to have the game run in SLI at all (would only enable one GPU) and an overall performance issue. Felt like the game was running in slow motion (not relating to FPS, but just seemed laggy all around).

Enjoy!

Message 1 of 1 (5,554 Views)