Need for Speed Rivals - Black screen only with full screen

by Mishkkaa

Original Post

Re: Need for Speed Rivals - Black screen only with full screen

★★★★★ Novice
I don't think that, how a program interfered? If this be the case then in window mode the game goes black too. Anyway, I already try your solution, but nothing happen, the black fullscreen still occurring
I'll be waiting for a final solution fot this problem, because I buy this game for play, thing I can do jet
Message 21 of 242 (17,107 Views)

★ Novice

I have nailed down the issue of black sceen to:

• Resolution: the screen and/or game screen resolution is not properly adjuste

Since I am running the game on my 46 TV, something that the game does not like to do even with 1920x1080 resolution on both game and setting setup. 

I am just running the game in windowed mode at that resolution so it aint realy a big issue, but this should be fixed. I mean the game was designed to run on TV sized screens :/

NOTE: If I switch the HDMI cable back to my normal screen the game will run without any problem on full screen. 

Message 22 of 242 (17,077 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Ok, if the game was made for a tv sceen, why they sell it fot pc?... I only want a solution, It's the first time I buy a game and fell unsatisfied
Message 23 of 242 (17,065 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem. I've tried everything posted here.

2x7850's

Windows 7

Intel Processor (If that matters)

Tried both latest stable and beta drivers.

Message 24 of 242 (16,782 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

any body find a solution?... EA managers, contact with amd, i see the problem is only with amd graphics cards

Message 25 of 242 (16,772 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Win-7 Ultimate 64bit, AMD Phenom II x6 2.8ghz, DDR 8gb, SSD, ATiRadeon 6870 1gb,  latest version drivers for sound card, video card, updated microsoft visual c++, PhysX, DirecX, ALLLLL UPDEITS ! i play in BF-3, 4, Crysis-3, all grate works ! it works ! but not the NFS: Rivals, black creen only with full screen.

I think that this whole problem appears in the video card radeon owners

Message 26 of 242 (16,760 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

https://help.ea.com/article/need-for-speed-rivals-pc-black-screen-issue This is new

Its crude, its tedious, it works.

This will at least get people in to play the game until there is an official fix

Message 27 of 242 (16,741 Views)

★★ Novice

https://help.ea.com/article/need-for-speed-rivals-pc-black-screen-issue

I've attempted this tutorial and it only seemed to stop my graphic driver which it then prompts up in a bubble telling me that it was recovered successfully. I don't know if I'm having the -exact- error everyone else is having however I don't get a black screen while attempting to play in full screen, the screen just won't load in full screen then results to windowed mode where it then plays through the beginning scenes and such, any small malfunction within the pc (graphic driver error(?)) and the game goes black with no success to recover (have to use task manager to forcefully kill the program). I've tried pretty much every other step and I've got a case open with my dxdiag info in it. 

Even when I alt-tab out of the game, the game begins to show a black screen with again, no successful attempt to gather it back. Every other game works fine from EA except this one. After reading -most- of the replies here, it seems my issue is somewhat slightly different although I hope that with whatever fix this might have, it might also solve my problem. 

Also, I'm unsure if I am explaining my problem clearly... can anyone confirm they understand what I am saying? I know my graphics card is up to date as they recently released an update stating that it would help performance for recently released games including this one.

Thanks,

Ren

Message 28 of 242 (16,714 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

In order to investigate this issue further, can you please post your DxDiag in this thread in a spoiler tag.

The spoiler tag is represented by this iconspoiler.JPG

How to gather DXDIAG information

Spoiler

To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, please follow the steps below:

1.  Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
2.  You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
3.  Type dxdiag in the text field
4.  Click OK
5.  If your computer has a 64-bit version of Windows, click the button Run 64-bit DXDIAG (see screenshot below)
6.  If your computer has a 32-bit version of Windows, that button will not be available

User-added image
64-bit Users will notice the "Run 64-bit DxDiag" button in the bottom-left next to "Help" and should click it once it becomes available.  32-bit Users will not have this as a visible option.

Once you have an open DXDIAG report, there are several pieces of information that are especially helpful in pinpointing the cause of game performance issues:

• The main page of the DXIDAG is the System tab. On the System tab, make a note of what is written next to Operating System, Processor, and Memory. Those three pieces of information are the key components of the System tab.

• Next, click on the Display tab. On the Display tab (seen in the screenshot below) please note the information written next to the word Name. Finally, on the right-hand side of the Display tab is a Drivers heading. Please note what is written next to the word Date.
User-added image

7.  Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report

8.  Save this text file to your Desktop if possible and copy / paste the DxDiag in your message using a spoiler tag

Message 29 of 242 (16,607 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Good day, I want to note that the game does not work only if you connect a TV, by connecting the monitor to the PC it works!
Tell me how you can you can limit the output, after all TV output signal more options ...

Message 30 of 242 (16,558 Views)