Re: Need for Speed Rivals - Black screen only with full screen

by okmaster92

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

Try the new AMD Catalyst™ 14.1 Beta Driver. It works for me.Confusedmileyhappy:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx

Message 201 of 242 (5,175 Views)

★★★ Novice

for me is same as before

Message 202 of 242 (5,075 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

If you have Team Viewer try uninstalling it restart your computer and that should fix it . I had the same issue and I had Team Viewer 9 installed and I uninstalled it and the game works with fullscreen with no blackscreen. I also contacted Team Viewer and they told me that thier product has that affect on some software. Hope this works. 

Here is there email to me : Thank you for your message. 

Unfortunately TeamViewer doesn't work correctly when you have a program running that requires Full Screen (Games, Windows media Center, RDP). As soon as you make a connection and you have a program running Full Screen, TeamViewer will see it as a RDP connection and it will show that black screen you previously mentioned. TeamViewer does not work correctly with RDP and for that reason it shows the black screen when anything is on Full Screen. The only way you will be able to use TeamViewer on the remote computer is if you are not running the game on Full Screen. We apologize for the inconveniences. 

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us. 

TeamViewer 9 is ready

Best regards 

Abdiel Guevara
-Support Technician- 

-----------------------
TeamViewer Inc. - www.teamviewer.com

Message 203 of 242 (5,056 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't have teamviewer installed and it's still not working for me.

Message 204 of 242 (4,949 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Workaround when using 2 TV's/Monitors (HDMI+DVI), AMD GPU's and Windows 7

Here's a fix that works for me. I had this problem earlier, EA refunded me, yadayada but I couldn't help but test the new AMD beta driver using my brother's Origin account. So I decided to do the QA job that EA refuses to do.

The problem: After testing it seems that the problem is monitors/TV's hooked up with HDMI. In my case I had a DVI monitor and an HDMI Sony TV hooked up because I wanted to play my NFS games in full HD on a big TV.

The solution(NOTE: I only tested it using two screens (DVI+HDMI)): 

1: Uninstall current AMD drivers, Download the AMD 14.1 beta driver and install, reboot your PC

2: If an HDMI monitor/TV is connected to your PC unplug it while your PC is running 

3: Boot up the game, but make sure only the DVI(and I assume this works for VGA as well) monitor is connected

4: Get the game to run in full-screen on this single monitor, this should work, if it doesn't after a few Alt+Tab's or Alt+Enter's you're out of luck Frown

5: While the game is running, hook-up the HDMI monitor/TV that you unplugged before you booted up the game. 

6: At this point, the game reverts back to windowed mode, press Alt+Enter or Alt+Tab or click on the 'restore' function on the application window and the game now runs in full-screen on both montiors :D

Note that I'm simply using the 'clone desktop' setting, so no desktop extension or a multi-monitor eyefinity set-up, the same fullscreen image on both screens. 

Because this is working it seems to me that the game simply fails to idenfity the primary display and goes black because it doesn't know which screen to output the fullscreen image to.

Feel free to use this workaround and let me know if it works for you(perhaps with other screen setups) so I can update the guide. 

Message 205 of 242 (4,901 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Got right. Using AMD 6950 and a Samsung 40-inch monitor. I solved the problem by disconnecting the HDMI cable, then running the game and Reconnecting the HDMI cable. this way I minimize the game and let me use it in full screen. Many Thanks for the help. Greetings from Argentina.Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 206 of 242 (4,672 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I have followed all your instructions and the game is running in full screen now. Thank you!

Message 207 of 242 (4,624 Views)

★★★ Novice

Great to hear guys, happy to help!

Message 208 of 242 (4,523 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have this problem as well Frown

running Single screen on DisplayPort....

2600k @ 4.5 + MSI 290x Gaming 4G ;< i tried removing teamviewer but no luck....

Message 209 of 242 (4,442 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi everyone,

NFS Rivals has been updated today and black screen issue is fixed for me. Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 210 of 242 (16,703 Views)