Re: Need for Speed Rivals - Black screen only with full screen

by okmaster92

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

How ridiculous, NO other game has this issue! To just put we can't be bothered to fix it, goodbye, isn't good enough. Think we need a better explanation.

Message 141 of 242 (3,779 Views)

★★★ Novice

You are also a specific connection, what should we use VGA? Also for EA that is a hard answer and not acceptable!

Message 142 of 242 (3,760 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Wait... did I read this right?
No possible fix?
Bahahahahahah!

It is software, there is always a possible fix. At least be honest with us.

'The fix is going to cost us more than the ammount of money we will have to refund, and seeing as we already have a customer complaint department bigger than our troubleshooting team we aren't going to fix the problem'

WHY is it unable to be fixed? As most of the people in this thread did the troubleshooting for your company and seem quite tech savey, maybe offer an explination rather than a '**bleep** you' while you flip us off, turn around and walk away.

And guess what? I don't want a refund. I love the game, its awesome fun. But it is a deminished experience being forced to play in windowed mode where my graphics cards are limited to output because of the way that operation works.

Like I said in my last post, I will always play the new need for speed games. But after this answer I am not buying the next one. At least not immediatly. I will play it (using one a friend has bought, or other means..) and if I find no issues, then I will buy it. We know we buy games to support the developers of games we like, but you are not earning that.

If you are really just washing your hands of this issue then we are paying you to piss on us from above. Sorry but I already pay the government for this service in the form of taxes.

Now, in short, get your act together, or I may have to become a Forza fan. *shudder

To those with this issue. I am lucky enough to have 5 different monitors with me as we speak. My high definition monitor that cost me $600 27" is the one having the problem. but my old 24" monitor on the same system seems to work fine. If you don't have other monitors to try, then just cross your fingers the graphics card companies create a driver set that can attribute for terrible programming and optimisation. It wouldn't be the first time they have bailed out an EA Title.

Message 143 of 242 (3,757 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have found a workaround download http://www.tridef.com/download/TriDef-3D-latest.html Tridef install it, add nfs to the gamelist, goto settings, select manufactor standard display types, select model anaglyph, start the game in fullscreen and it is working, disable the 3d mode by pressing the hotkey by default ALT + SHIFT + -

Message 144 of 242 (3,749 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

eanajat schrieb:

... we’re unfortunately unable to resolve this issue. ...

That can only be a joke. I thought that EA tried to change something. That was definitive my last NFS.

Message 145 of 242 (3,742 Views)

★★ Novice
What a load of rubbish. I've had this issue on multiple TV's using HDMI, DVI AND VGA. Can fix this by running Tridef. What kind of clowns are running this circus? Refund time.
Message 146 of 242 (3,701 Views)

★★★★ Novice

EA   its not fair.......i hope your society is going to be **bleep**ed by hackers and your games cracked and weel cracked by pro.....

ASK ANSWER BE THE HERO......piece of **bleep**..

**bleep** you

Message 147 of 242 (3,684 Views)

★ Novice

I purchased the game today...surprise...surprise....another dodgy game from EA,I want a refund and this is the last time I purchase anything from EA.

Message 148 of 242 (3,556 Views)

★★ Novice

Well this is **bleep**ty.... I think I'll see if my refund can be a downloadable code for the game for either my Xbone or PS4

Message 149 of 242 (3,442 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

This game was released on November 19th; it's been weeks since EA has known about this issue. I'm disappointed in the final results based on the EA page which shows up when Googling this issue:

https://help.ea.com/article/need-for-speed-rivals-pc-black-screen-issue

It still says, "Rest assured that we're still investigating this issue and will provide further updates and troubleshooting information as quickly as possible." Yet after assuring paying fans on this forum that it would be addressed, we get, "we’re unfortunately unable to resolve this issue. Sorry for this inconvenience." They even mentioned specific graphics cards. While AMD drivers may at times have issues, AMD acknowledges it honestly, unlike EA where the blame flies everywhere else. AMD addressed the id-Software Rage texture issues, the performance issues with TressFx hair in the Tomb Raider reboot, and has admitted to at least trying to resolve crossfire issues with their new beta drivers. I've never experienced any issues with any games on my 7950 crossfire setup using Radeon Pro's dynamic v-sync feature, this is a simple and free workaround for AMD users by the way. Yet I can't play NFS Rivals in fullscreen on my TV via HDMI at all. Ironically, it won't even work with a solid DVI to VGA cable going to the VGA port on my TV.

Only just now, after seeing that EA gave up completely on the PC version, have I finally tried the DVI to VGA adapter which came with a 7870 I had from another build, and an actual VGA cable plugged into my TV. Lo and behold it worked for fullscreen. This is truly unacceptable as a workaround, as HDMI has far better color, despite my VGA port supporting 1080p, and carries digital surround sound to my receiver. The irony of this is, EA said it's a TV and specific graphics card issue. I used the same exact TV and the same dual AMD 7950 graphics cards my issue began with, the only difference being the adapter.

The workaround I mentioned comes at a time when next gen systems are only using HDMI, since every new HDTV comes with HDMI, as do high end cards, and even $55 HTPC graphics cards like the 6670, etc. If I didn't have an AMD made adapter for a port that most people never use, plus a VGA cable almost no one ever uses, I couldn't play this game on the same TV over 100 other games I've played on my PC in full screen, have worked on. This is not a simple or cost effective workaround to get fullscreen gameplay, nor is it fair for paid customers, or NFS fans, to know that they've been given up on this quickly. Even the older Need For Speed games made prior to 1080p TV's and HDMI existence, work in actual fullscreen HD wide format on my setup, but then, that was when EA actually cared about PC gamers.

Message 150 of 242 (3,425 Views)