Need for Speed Network Information

by EA_Nils

Original Post

Need for Speed Network Information

Community Manager

Welcome to the Need for Speed™ Network, powered by Autolog. The Companion App to Need for Speed™ Rivals.

User-added image

The Need for Speed Network is your destination for all things Need for Speed and has been updated with exciting new content for you to connect to Need For Speed Rivals – Ghost Games newest Need For Speed title.

The App keeps you connected to your Need For Speed Rivals game on Xbox 360, PS3, PC, PS4 and Xbox One at all times.

You must have Purchased Need for Speed Rivals on Xbox 360, PS3, PS4, Xbox One or PC to get the full Experience of this Companion App

GETTING STARTED

1. What is Need for Speed Network?
  2. What Platforms does Need for Speed Network support?
  3. How do I download the Mobile App?
  4. What are the Minimum Requirements for the Mobile App?
  5. What are the Minimum Browser Requirements for the Web App?
  6. How do I access Need for Speed Network?
  7. How do I select which platform I want to interact with?

AUTOLOG FEATURES

1. What Autolog Features are there on Need for Speed Network?
  2. How do I change my Profile Picture?
  3. How do Autolog Playlists work?

OVERWATCH GAME MODE

1. What is OverWatch?
  2. How do I get started with OverWatch?
  3. What is the progression system in OverWatch?
  4. What is Fuel?
  5. Are OverWatch Speed points the same as Cop or Racer Speedpoints?
  6. What abilities are there in OverWatch?
  7. How do I use the abilities?
  8. How many levels are there in OverWatch?
  9. What are OverWatch Missions?
  10. What content can I unlock via OverWatch?
  11. I’m seeing “Rivals” on the map, who are these people?

NAVIGATOR MODE

1. What is Navigator Mode?
  2. How do I get started with Navigator Mode?

TROUBLESHOOTING

1. I’ve logged into Need for Speed Network but I get the message saying “No Game Data Detected” what should I do?
  2. OverWatch isn’t working on my Web browser, what should I do?

GETTING STARTED

1. What is Need for Speed Network?
Need for Speed Network is the Companion service to Need for Speed Rivals. It allows you to keep connected on the move and interact with your Need for Speed Friends. Play our Mini-game OverWatch, compare with your Friends and use Need for Speed Network as your second screen

2. What Platforms does Need for Speed Network support?
Need for Speed Network is available on iOS (iPad and iPhone), Android (Tablet and Handset) and as a Web App

3. How do I download the Mobile App?
Apple Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/need-for-speed-network/id406011579?mt=8
Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ea.nfsautolog.bv

4. What are the Minimum Requirements for the Mobile App?

• iOS Apple Firmware 6.0+
  • Android Firmware 4.0 +
  • Unfortunately we do not support the following Android Devices:
    • Kindle Fire (1st Gen) 7”
    • Kindle Fire (2nd Gen) 7”
    • Kindle Fire HD 7” (3rd gen 2012 & 2013 versions)
    • Samsung S3 Mini (GT-i8190)
    • HTC PJ75100

5. What are the Minimum Browser Requirements for the Web App?

• Firefox 18+ (PC and Mac)
  • Chrome 22+ (PC and Mac)
  • Internet Explorer 10+ (PC only)
  • Safari 6.0 + (PC and Mac)

6. How do I access Need for Speed Network?
All you need to do is:

1. Purchase a copy of Need for Speed Rivals for Xbox 360™, Xbox One, Playstation®3, Playstation®4 or PC.
  2. Proceed through the Cop and Racer Tutorials.
  3. Make sure you have an internet connection so we can get your Autolog Data
  4. Go to Need for Speed Network and Log in with the same Origin account and Password you use to Play Need for Speed Rivals.

7. How do I select which platform I want to interact with?
If you own Need for Speed Rivals on more than one platform you can select your platform from the drop down box next to your name in your Profile page.

AUTOLOG FEATURES

User-added image

1. What Autolog Features are there on Need for Speed Network?
The coolest thing about the Need for Speed Network  is that you can see your Friends in Real Time playing Need for Speed Rivals on the Companion Apps world Map.

Use the power of Autolog to automatically compare and share your stats and activity with your Friends on the Need for Speed Network. You and your Friends can compare and compete on Autolog Speedwalls which includes your event times from playing Need for Speed Rivals.

Here is a list of all the cool features we have on Need for Speed Network.

WORLD MAP: When playing on your system, you can use Need for Speed Network as a second screen to view the world map. Get a bird's-eye view across Redview County, as the Need for Speed Network tracks all Events and Collectibles from Redview County.  Filter icons to find exactly what you're looking for.

AUTOLOG RECOMMENDATIONS: Find recommendations based on what your friends have been up to in-game.  When a friend beats you, Autolog will create a Recommendation for you, which you can then add to your Autolog Playlist.

FRIENDS: Keep in touch with your Friends by checking out their in-game activity. Whenever your friends jump into Need for Speed Rivals, they'll be highlighted in the Network in your Friends Playing list, and will appear as moving triangles on the Map: orange triangles for Racers, and blue triangles for Cops.

PROGRESSION AND STATS: See how far you've come as a Racer or a Cop, and check your current SpeedList or Assignment.  You can even find how many Collectibles you've unlocked and events you've completed by clicking the My World icon above the map.

COMPARE RIVALS: Use Rival Comparison at the top of the map to show who is the best of your friends in each Event and regarding each Collectible.  You can even set Autolog Recommends to stay up to date with your friends' positions on SpeedWalls.

User-added image

2. How do I change my Profile Picture?
Open your Profile page, then click the corner of the image, the pencil icon to upload a photo.   The image you choose will be shown whenever you when you play Need for Speed Rivals, as well as when Friends view your Profile on the Need for Speed Network.  You also get a free Wrap when you change your Profile picture!

3. How do Autolog Playlists work?
Autolog Playlists appear on the Need for Speed Network and in Need for Speed Rivals: They let you plan your next fast-paced session in Need for Speed Rivals by letting you choose Events, Collectibles, and Recommendations you'd like to play in advance.

Simply go to the Need for Speed Network, select a Collectable or Event from the World Map and click “Add to Playlist”. This will then be imported to your EasyDrive list in Need for Speed Rivals. Next time you play Need for Speed Rivals open Easy Drive with the D-Pad and select the Collectable or Event from your Autolog Playlist to automatically set a WayPoint to that location.

OVERWATCH GAME MODE

1. What is OverWatch?
OverWatch is a mini-game within Need for Speed Network that not only lets you watch your Friends as they play Need for Speed Rivals, but help or hinder them with Abilities you deploy.

User-added image

2. How do I get started with OverWatch?
Enter OverWatch from inside the Need for Speed Network by pressing the “Play OverWatch” button on the NFS Network Main screen or by pressing the “OverWatch” option that appears whenever you select a Friend as they drive on the Map.

3. What is the progression system in OverWatch?
OverWatch has 50 levels which you progress through by selecting your Friends on the world map and helping or hindering them with certain abilities. The more successful you are the more Speed Points you earn to take you through the progression, but you must have enough Fuel to use the abilities.

4. What is Fuel?
Fuel is what powers all your activity in OverWatch. Fuels is earned quickly while you are playing the game through the miles that you drive.

Fuel is used each time you use an OverWatch Ability, or send your Network Driver away on a mission. Each time you increase OverWatch Level, you Fuel bar increases in size and is instantly refilled.

5. Are OverWatch Speed points the same as Cop or Racer Speedpoints?
No, OverWatch Speedpoints are different from the Cop and Racer Speedpoints earned in Need for Speed Rivals and are unique to the Need for Speed Network.  
They are earned earned each time you use an Ability in OverWatch or complete a Mission with your network driver.

6. What abilities are there in OverWatch?
There are six unique Abilities you can use in OverWatch to help or hinder your Friends whether they are Cop or Racer.

• Nitrous can be used to either refill or drain a Friend’s NOS Bar.
  • Repair can either restore a car’s Health or damage it further.
  • Ammo refills Ammunition or takes it away.
  • Jammer prevents a Friend from using their Pursuit Tech for several seconds.
  • Roadblocks block a Racer’s path with a line of Police cars.
  • Helicopter deploys a Police Helicopter that drops a Spike Strip in their path.

7. How do I use the abilities?
To use an Ability first make sure you are in OverWatch, by selecting “Play OverWatch “ on the side bar or the “OverWatch” option that appears when you select a Friend as they drive around the Map.

Then, select and target a Friend so that a red crosshair appears over their icon and tap an Ability to deploy it. A few moments later, you will be notified if the Ability was successful or not and will be awarded OverWatch Speedpoints.

Abilities go into recharge each time you use them giving Friends a chance to recover if you use them to hinder them.  However, there is no reason why you can’t use a different Ability while another recharges.

8. How many levels are there in OverWatch?
There are 50 levels. You increase OverWatch level by earning OverWatch Speed Points.You can see how many Speedpoints you need to level-up and what you will earn when you do in your Progression Bar, displayed whenever you play OverWatch.

9. What are OverWatch Missions?
OverWatch Missions let you earn extra XP by sending your Network Driver away to do extra missions.

Every mission has a duration, cost in fuel, and chance of success which increases as your OverWatch level rises. Pick a mission then wait until The Network Driver returns to see how they did.  Depending on their success you will earn more or less XP.

10. What content can I unlock via OverWatch?
Unlocking the special Need For Speed Car models and liveries is a two-step process.

First you must increase your OverWatch Level by earning OverWatch Speedpoints by using Abilities in OverWatch against your Friends, or by sending your Network Driver away to complete Missions.

When your OverWatch Level is high enough, you will then unlock a special event that is automatically added to your playlist to be played in Need for Speed Rivals.  When you complete the Special Event, the Car model or Livery will be unlocked.

11. I’m seeing “Rivals” on the map, who are these people?
When you have no Friends playing Need for Speed Rivals we show you Random Players who have agreed to be on OverWatch. You can interact with these players to continue earning Speed Points and content. This way you don’t always need a Friend online.

NAVIGATOR MODE

1. What is Navigator Mode?
Navigator Mode is your Second Screen - When you’re playing Need for Speed Rivals on your console you can use Need For Speed Network in Navigator mode as a second screen to view the world map, see where your friends are in Redview County and set Waypoints to the event you want to play next.

User-added image

2. How do I get started with Navigator Mode?
To use Navigator mode make sure you are playing Need for Speed Rivals on your Console or PC. Make sure you are also logged into the Need for Speed Network on iOS, Android or the Web App. When you play Need for Speed Rivals and are connected to the internet the Need for Speed Network will detect that you are playing and ask you if you want to enter Navigator Mode. If you select yes the Need for Speed Network camera will follow you around the map and allow you to set live waypoints.

TROUBLESHOOTING

1. I’ve logged into Need for Speed Network but I get the message saying “No Game Data Detected” what should I do?
Make sure you have played Need for Speed Rivals while connected to the internet on your console/PC. You need to play both the Cop and the Racer Tutorial in order to get your game data. Also make sure that the platform that is showing on Need for Speed Network is the platform you own the game on – if it’s not then you can change this  in the profile section.

2. OverWatch isn’t working on my Web browser, what should I do?
We support the following Web Browsers so please make sure you are using the following and have Adobe Flash player installed.

Source: http://help.ea.com/en/article/need-for-speed-network-information/

Message 1 of 1 (70,334 Views)