Try this, from @EA_Najat
Some additional advice for DirectX Errors, hopefully this will help:
Also, try temporarily disabling Origin In Game in your Origin Application Settings.
Please try to run NFSR as Admin and in Compatibility mode for Windows 8
1) Press Win + R
2) If on 64 bit paste this and hit enter - 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Need for Speed(TM) Rivals' If on 32 bit paste this and hit enter - 'C:\Program Files \Origin Games\Need for Speed(TM) Rivals'
3) Right click NFS14 then press properties
4) Select the Compatibility Tab
5) If it is not alrerady checked, check the 'Run this program in compatiblity mode for' box then select Windows 8 From the drop down. Then check the 'Run This Program As An Administrator' box.
6) Click Apply,
If that does not work try to run the game in 32-Bit
1) Open Origin
2) Press My Games
3) Hover your mouse over NFSR then click 'Need For Speed Rivals'
4) Next to Launch Option press 'Edit'
5) Set (x86) as the default launch option.
6) Press Okay