Re: Need For Speed Rivals - Slow Play (PC)

by Vithoorshana

Original Post

Community Manager (retired)

@FunnyBunny678 

Here are some advices if ever disabling Origin In Game did not fix the issue.

• Update your drivers
    Check for driver updates especially for your video/graphic card

• Anti-virus programs / Download Management Applications
    Please make sure they are not running and scanning while you are playing

• Background programs
    Just perform a Clean Boot and test the game performances.

The Clean Boot process disables many background tasks that may be causing interference.

Launch the game only just after the clean boot (nothing else.)

• Try the windowed mode
    If you can play normally in windowed mode, then this issue is likely due to the screen resolution, you'll just need to adjust this setting. Launch the game and press Alt + enter simultaneously in order to trigger the windowed mode.
Message 11 of 18 (4,268 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

My computer is well above the recommended specs. But even on the lowest settings and after having tried all those possible solutions I still keep getting slow motion.

This really isn't fun... I can't do any time trials because the timer runs at normal speed while my car just goes half the speed. This game just is impossible at times... I solved all the crashes, I went offline to not have cops jump about all the time and now I can't fix this? Wow.

Edit: Yeah, this really isn't my computer's fault. Sometimes it works fine, other times it just doesn't. Please fix it, because right now, even though I have a really fast car, I can barely bronze easy time trials. And I 'm even using turbo.

Please fix this. It is gamebreaking.

Message 12 of 18 (4,246 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It seems that the game does not run well on CPU graphics. You'll need a decent discrete video card to get acceptable performance in this game.At least an R7-260X should work in this case.

Message 13 of 18 (4,229 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ok i have a intell 5  6 gigs of vid card 16 g of ram  water cooled system and this game locks up wtf

Message 14 of 18 (4,190 Views)

★★ Novice
I have a ram of 4GB and the game is bloody slow. Will it be resolved if I install a ram of 8GB???
Message 15 of 18 (2,598 Views)

★★★ Newbie
But Where do I find this Origin Client? is it a software i need to install or an option in-game menu?
Message 16 of 18 (2,429 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This does not work. Plz tell some other solution
Message 17 of 18 (2,199 Views)

★★ Novice
@udit_vohra02 if the game seems to slow head over to origin launcher --> select need for speed rivals --> game properties --> advanced properties --> add to the command line following command: -GameTime.MaxSimFps 60 -GameTime.ForceSimRate 60.0

This command will unlock ur game from 30 fps and increases it to 60 fps. happy gaming
Message 18 of 18 (733 Views)