NFS RIVALS can't be played on gaming laptop because can't detect PgUp/Dn keys

by Hexaae

Original Post

NFS RIVALS can't be played on gaming laptop because can't detect PgUp/Dn keys

★★★ Apprentice

Also NFS 2015 had the same identical issue on laptops:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Need-for-Speed-2015/NFS-2015-can-t-be-played-on-gaming-laptops-without-PgU...

It must be a joke: another game from EA having issues detecting keyboard keymap.

This game is unplayable on gaming laptops because it can't detect PageUP/DOWN key press (usually Fn+Numpad9 or Fn+Numpad3). Garbage code and Quality Assurance.

Laptop ASUS GL703GS (BIOS 309)
CPU i7-8750H (iGPU disabled)
GTX 1070 8GB (vbios 86.04.7c.00.24, Samsung VRAM)
Windows 10 Pro 1903
Desktop res: 1080p (1920x1080)
Screen: 144Hz + g-sync AUO B173HAN03.2 [AUO329D]
Hard disks: NVMe Samsung, SSD Crucial
USB Blu-Ray 4K drive: Verbatim 43888 (Pioneer BDR-UD04)

EA could provide a very simple solution remapping PageUP/DOWN to +/- or other common keys, available and detected for sure on every keyboard.

Message 1 of 3 (1,277 Views)

Re: NFS RIVALS can't be played on gaming laptop because can't detect PgUp/Dn key

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi, even I have this issue of not detecting pageup or pagedown key of my laptop asus tuf series. Please suggest any solution for this issue.This key is working on an external keyboard with seperate pageup key but not on the internal keyboard of my laptop. I have tried all the ways like using the functio key and the num lock key but its not working.Please help

Message 2 of 3 (1,033 Views)

Re: NFS RIVALS can't be played on gaming laptop because can't detect PgUp/Dn key

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@the_clickrI bought an expensive tool (Atnsoft Key Manager, 40€ x1 pc, but lifetime updates at least...) able to remap keys per-app and then I was able to remap for these NFS games numap 9 and 3 as pageUp and Down, finally...
However there are free solutions too (much more complicated to set-up and use) like AutoHotkeys able to remap key presses....

EDIT: of course you can always use a Gamepad to workaround the missing keyboard keys

Message 3 of 3 (1,022 Views)