Re: [Maintenance] Need For Speed Rivals 14 Mobile App

by abhisurya

Original Post

Re: NFS Network App: Incorrect Url/Old Content?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Yeah me too to be honest, but hey, it's been a whole year now since the start of a this for me. I kinda just want to post my whole life story on this since now and post the big events in my life for however long this thread is active for. What do you guys think? Should we do this together? You know, since EA did * all in this whole situation?

P.S This is a joke, don't post anything here EA might uae it to get more money hahaha

Message 61 of 73 (3,161 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hey all,

Apologies for not updating this post at the time.

The Need for Speed Network (website) and Rivals Mobile App have been taken down and are no longer available. 

You can find a list of online services that have been shut down here - https://www.ea.com/service-updates/i-q

- Andy -

Message 62 of 73 (23,353 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hey EA_Andy -- The URL you linked for shut down services results in a 404 error.  Copying & pasting also looks like this: 

https://www.ea.com/service-updates/i-q%C2%A0

However, removing the random characters at the end works. The correct format is: https://www.ea.com/service-updates/i-q

Regardless, this is disappointing on numerous levels.  EA_Andy as a community manager for EA, the least you could do is communicate and not take a full year to do so.  The page showing which services are shut down states that the app in question was terminated in March 2018.  Why did it take you until end of November to relay this info?  

For all the fathers out there who played the game and let their kids join in the fun by using the companion app on a tablet or smartphone, please consider cancelling your Origin subscriptions.  As much as I enjoyed NFS, and buying every iteration (sometimes multiple copies on different console platforms), I have left for good & am now enjoying the scenery in Forza Horizon 4.

Message 63 of 73 (3,061 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@ch0mputer - Thanks for the correct URL link.

This was a miss on my part in terms of updating the thread but the page linked has been updated since the shutdown happened so would have been live since March.

This is always the home of any info for updates to our services like this.

- Andy -

Message 64 of 73 (3,024 Views)

★ Novice

This is annoying since I just got the gane on ps4 and its still one of my favorite games.

Message 65 of 73 (2,939 Views)

★★ Novice

The sad thing is EA will make more money than they lose from people walking away. It's crazy how people can choose to forget to keep a project open and working, just to focus on another game??? Hell People get fired over less crap than EA pulls.

Message 66 of 73 (2,693 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yo what up! Just played Anthem and HOLY * bois we gonna be milked HARD for money in that game, ooh can't wait to get gaped by microtransations for better gear fellas!! Gonna be a fun year for EA!

P.S I have a wife and 7 kids since my last post, my oldest child has now graduated and will be marrying soon... time moves fast Standard smile))) (joke btw pls dont take legal action EA)

Message 67 of 73 (2,687 Views)

★★★★ Novice

You know, idk why I get XP for some of my posts but it always brings me back to this thread...

Good to see Anthem getting * reviews by trustworthy people though. Everyone collectively decided to hate on Anthem(im so proud of this community!

Don't know what new games are being developed by EA right now but really excited to spread the hate nonetheless.

See you guys later when I get more XP for whatever reason...

Message 68 of 73 (2,529 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Ever since I bought Rivals for both the PS3 and PS4 because I love it so much, I've been on a quest to unlock the Overwatch cars, namely the Cop Bentley Continental GT and Racer Maserati GranTurismo. Of course, by the time I had even started, the companion app had already been ambiguously shut down, along with NFS Network. I even went to the support team to enquire the possibility of unlocking it for us, or releasing them as free DLC like the Koenigsegg One:1 pack, but nothing has happened. Just want to have those two cars, I've literally never been able to drive them because of this. Please, if there is any support left for Rivals that isn't already dedicated to the newer NFS games, go back and fix this!

Message 69 of 73 (2,365 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The Best Racing game i ever played love it 

Message 70 of 73 (2,169 Views)