Re: Locked at 30 fps on PC

by Mario96CZ

Original Post

★ Novice

Running at 30fps is not a smooth experience. When something is running at 30fps it's usually a sign to me that something is HORRIBLY WRONG and I go right into the settings to figure out what it is.

60fps is the standard.

Battlefield 4 does 60 no problem. The multiplayer in Hot Pursuit (once having vsync open to remove and allowed to run at 60fps) ran fine. The multiplayer in Most Wanted 2013 ran fine.

There is no reason to have tied the game speed to the framerate. At all. I actually have trouble believing no one in the design team said 'wait a second, hold the hell on, that's the dumbest idea I've ever heard' when it was brought up during dev discussions.

Your goals are as follows:

- Unlock the framerate and allow 60fps to be possible

- Make the game speed NOT tied to the framerate

I will re-buy the game when these conditions are met - Until then I will be getting a refund and boycotting this title (as vocally as I can through any and ALL social platforms).

Such a disappointment.

Message 31 of 66 (3,249 Views)

★★★ Novice

''We are listening and targeting 60 FPS in the future''  -  This fills me with hope and disappointment, does this mean they are working on a patch or they wont do anything abut it in Rivals but will be doing 60FPS in the next NFS title ?

Message 32 of 66 (3,215 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The wording is more than worrying. It's downright political speak for "We aren't going to be fixing this properly". Targetting 60 FPS? Don't use FPS for simulation speed and it doesn't need a damn target of 60 FPS. That should be the minimum render target not the bloody sim speed...

Message 33 of 66 (3,178 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@THELANKANCOMRADE wrote:

''We are listening and targeting 60 FPS in the future''  -  This fills me with hope and disappointment, does this mean they are working on a patch or they wont do anything abut it in Rivals but will be doing 60FPS in the next NFS title ?

Yeah...I also thought of that.

But since eanajat said:

We don't have an ETA for this at the moment but we hope you find this info helpful.

I'm still hopeful that they will provide 60 fps on Rivals.

EDIT: In the meantime, here is a workaround:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Need-for-Speed-Rivals/60-FPS-workaround-without-speeding-the-game-up/m-p/18...

Message 34 of 66 (3,149 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

ragazzi sapete come modificare i tasti del joystick a need for speed rivals per pc???grz

Message 35 of 66 (3,015 Views)

★ Pro

"Running at 30 fps provides a smooth experience when driving in this open world powered by AllDrive."

If you try the 60fps command line with the forced update rate you will know what they mean. Anything above 30 will not be smooth since it will stutter as hell and the frame pacing is off the charts. I think Ghost actually promised 60fps on the PC. Let's see if they can live up to that promise and also not be as invisable as Criterion was with Most Wnated where they never acknowledget much and never spoke to their community.

Message 36 of 66 (3,009 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Why is there a 32bit version and 64 bit version - as the game is locked to 30fps why have the option to load a 64 bit version - the game will not run any smoother !!! 30 FPS is slideshow quality unplayable , glitchy far from a smooth experience more a cack experience - have they ever seen grid 2 running ???cheap indie racers run faster !! EA > come down out of the clouds and actually play a game for once and pls no more pacifying  - u think I want 30fps on a system that runs 2x gtx 690 sli and all the rest to play almost every software beyond 100fps !!!  U runied what could have been a good game - you should maybe give us all a refund !!!

Message 37 of 66 (2,974 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Bumping this thread to make sure this issue doesn't get put on the backburner.

Also, don't have the game installed anymore, I hope someone will post here when it is installed so I can give it another go

Message 38 of 66 (2,708 Views)

★★★ Novice

Well said, I'm glad I haven't bought the game. I also won't until these absurd limitations are resolved.

Some bright boy at Ghost probably thought up AllDrive as the pinnacle of multiplayer experience, and that setting a 30fps limit would be the solution for optimal gameplay.

Nope!

Get your head out of your a$$, EA and Ghost. :mantongue:

Message 39 of 66 (2,625 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

So has this been fixed yet in patch 2? Or are we still waiting on basic functionality to make the game playable?

Message 40 of 66 (2,561 Views)