Original Post

Re: Locked at 30 fps on PC

★ Novice

Next Gen. Yea right

Message 11 of 66 (34,377 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

This is utterly ridiculous. 30FPS lock on PC? What is this, 1995?

First we had Need for speed MW with poor otimization and performance problems, now this... seems like they just don't care about PC. 

I sincerely love your games EA, Rivals IS a great entry to the NFS series and Criterion/Ghost is a good developer, but we need a patch to fix this. PC does not have the restrictions that consoles have and it's games should get proper care.

Message 12 of 66 (34,365 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It is possible to run the game with 60 fps:

NFS14.exe -GameTime.MaxSimFps 60

The big problem: The game itself run twice as fast.Confusedmileysad:

Message 13 of 66 (34,360 Views)

★ Apprentice

I could get past 30fps if the game consistently ran at 30fps on mid-high end PC's, but the fact that it doesn't, in conjunction with stutters really ruins the immersion of a racing game. 

Phenom X4 3.2 Ghz

GTX 660

8Gb Ram

Message 14 of 66 (34,331 Views)

Hero

@okmaster92 wrote:

It is possible to run the game with 60 fps:

NFS14.exe -GameTime.MaxSimFps 60

The big problem: The game itself run twice as fast.Confusedmileysad:

The only engine I know of that does this, is the one in Game Maker. It's a program to make video games where you have to set the speed of every room in the game, which is 30 by default, and which also affects the framerate. By setting it to 60, all your speed values are doubled, so you better set it to 60 from the start and program the game accordingly. I wonder if something like this happened here. They built the game around 30 fps and the only way to increase it, is by increasing the game speed. That would be silly, but it immediately made me think of GameMaker for some reason. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 15 of 66 (34,316 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hey guys, let's keep this thread alive. Also, if anyone else is bothered by this, please click the "me too" button. Maybe if we can get enough numbers they will feel compelled to patch the game like they did NFS: the run.

Message 16 of 66 (34,275 Views)

★★ Apprentice

So what was the decision behind FPS locking the game? TV's, Monitors, hell even phones run higher than 30Hz refresh rates these days.

Some admin here thinks that my posts in this thread are disruptive. Well how about coming out and telling us the reasoning behind using an archaic method of simulation control. Though I will have a good chuckle if it's claimed to "make it easier to sync games on console"...

We both know that FB3 can handle the much tougher network load of BF4 so NFS should be easy in comparison.

It's a rookie mistake from a rookie dev studio taking over from Criterion who no longer wish to make racing games who took over from Black Box who were shut down for releasing terrible games (need I mention Undercover or The Run...).

Maybe EA should do some QA on the dev's they give their money to before they let them make stuff that runs this badly.

Message 17 of 66 (34,232 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Edited -

Need for Speed Rivals - Game update – Patch 2

• Improvements to performance and frame rate

Hi guys, we would like to let you know that we have forwarded your comments to the Team regarding this topic. Also they have the following to say:

Running at 30 fps provides a smooth experience when driving in this open world powered by AllDrive.
We are listening and targeting 60 FPS in the future.

We don't have an ETA for this at the moment but we hope you find this info helpful.

Message 18 of 66 (41,052 Views)

★★ Novice

"Running at 30 fps provides a smooth experience when driving in this open world powered by AllDrive."

30 fps is classed as smooth experience ???  SINCE WHEN ???? They obviously haven't played any games above 30 fps. Because 30 fps is quite frankly HORRIBLE !!!

"We are listening and targeting 60 FPS in the future."

Believe it when I see it !! Thankfully I only played it round my friends and I didn't actually buy this JUNK ! He feels totally cheated!! I actually feel sorry for him.

I'll make you a deal EA ... I'll buy this game when you fix this STUPID decision!!! I guarentee by that time I'll be able to pick the game up for about £5 !! Instead of the overpriced rates that we have nowadays.

In the meantime I'll stick to playing some REAL racing games with some respectable FPS!!

Better fix it quick... all the reviews are saying that this game is 30FPS and is a DISAPPOINTMENT !!! Continuously hurting your reputation!! Think someone needs to be fired for making that bonehead decision!!

"OK guys, next project is a new fast action Need for Speed game.... we're going to make it at 30fps!!!"      FACE PALM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Confusedmileylol:

Message 19 of 66 (34,221 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@eanajat wrote:

Hi guys, we would like to let you know that we have forwarded your comments to the Team regarding this topic. Also they have the following to say:

Running at 30 fps provides a smooth experience when driving in this open world powered by AllDrive.
We are listening and targeting 60 FPS in the future.

We don't have an ETA for this at the moment but we hope you find this info helpful.

Thanks for the information.

Although the game should have been released without this cap, I'm happy they will fix this.

Message 20 of 66 (34,213 Views)