Message 1 of 66 (9,595 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Locked at 30 fps on PC

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Edited -

Need for Speed Rivals - Game update – Patch 2

• Improvements to performance and frame rate

Hi guys, we would like to let you know that we have forwarded your comments to the Team regarding this topic. Also they have the following to say:

Running at 30 fps provides a smooth experience when driving in this open world powered by AllDrive.
We are listening and targeting 60 FPS in the future.

We don't have an ETA for this at the moment but we hope you find this info helpful.

View in thread

Message 18 of 66 (41,129 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yes it is true the Need For Speed Rivals on PC will be locked at 30 fps. One of the develepors said this:

"Anything can happen in AllDrive. That's the key innovation with this game. You don't have single-player, co-op or multiplayer. It just happens seamlessly.I could be playing the game, setting a time, and all of a sudden you could come into that world, and you could be carrying AI, I could be carrying AI, and all of a sudden, on that screen, there are a lot of cars. We always have to budget for the worst case scenario.So in this case we've prioritised the gameplay, because we think 30fps is giving a satisfactory experience."

If this helped you remember to give it XP and accept it as a solution for any other gamers with this problem!

- Cor1454

Message 2 of 66 (9,481 Views)

★ Guide

WOW

Test Drive Unlimited does/did what "AllDrive" claims to do and, guess what? No 30fps cap. I call bull****.

I won't be touching that game with a foot long pole.

Message 3 of 66 (9,479 Views)

★★★ Novice

it's been confirmed by TeamVVV that you can go above 30fps in the pc version but he never said if it was uncapped or capped at 60fps

Message 4 of 66 (9,469 Views)

★ Guide

I don't think so

"The official word – even at this point – is that all versions will be locked at 30fps. Since TeamVVV got its hands on the PC build, though, we are pretty sure that they can be considered reliable."

Message 5 of 66 (9,450 Views)

★★★ Novice

One of the develepors said this: ... That's the key innovation with this game. ... because we think 30fps is giving a satisfactory experience.

In other words, this game sucks but it sucks even more on PC. 

No matter if you have a 700$ video card, the game will look and act like you have a 30$  video card. 

I`m so glad i din`t buy this crap. 

What EA has done with this series its just beyond disgrace. 

Message 6 of 66 (9,422 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

I kind of liked most wanted and hot pursuit, but Iam not even going to touch rivals because of that 30 fps lock

Message 7 of 66 (9,366 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@cor1454 wrote:
.So in this case we've prioritised the gameplay, because we think 30fps is giving a satisfactory experience."

Thirty frames per second is not acceptable, not for this game, not for any PC game and not even for the new consoles. They better patch this.

(Note: I don't work for EA. My opinions are my own.)

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 8 of 66 (9,257 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@fredvdp wrote:

@cor1454 wrote:
.So in this case we've prioritised the gameplay, because we think 30fps is giving a satisfactory experience."

Thirty frames per second is not acceptable, not for this game, not for any PC game and not even for the new consoles. They better patch this.

I agree.

And in this case, the game even uses an engine that already works fine with Battlefield 4 (Frostbite 3).

This just shows how they don't care about PC players...

Message 9 of 66 (9,226 Views)

★ Guide

@fredvdp wrote:

@cor1454 wrote:

Well said, it's just not acceptable on PC.

Message 10 of 66 (9,185 Views)