Kicked from server

by Jaws9183

Original Post

Kicked from server

★★★ Novice

I was recently playing NFS: Rivals when I was kicked from the server, internet was fine, I was playing as a Cop and chasing players to do PvP, and only PvP and after about the fourth or fifth bust, I was sent to a loading screen where I waited for about five minutes and then was in the same spot "In-Game" with a message that read kicked from server. I want to know if this was done as an act of punishment for busting the same racers over and over or what it could be? Like I said internet was fine and game didn't crash. Is there a way to kick people from a server?

Message 1 of 7 (4,846 Views)

Re: Kicked from server

★ Pro

This is just because they chose a horrible solution for online play. What happens is that one of the people in the lobby is the host, you can see that by showing the players from the easydrive menu, the one with a crown is the host. If none of them has the crown, you're the host.

Now, whenever the host leaves, either by joining a new session, internet goes down or he/she quits the game - everyone will be "kicked" from the server. Are you saying it actually said you where kicked from the server or did it say that you lost your connection? If it was lost and it was merging the lobby again showing the other players, then the host imply left.

Message 2 of 7 (4,798 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Playing with online people is fun but if you wish to completely avoid this. You can go into options and set matchmaking to offline so it's only bots in wheels of the cars and cop cars.

Or just wait until you get to be crowed host which is usally the best cause you wont have any host migrations until you decide to quit.

Message 3 of 7 (4,794 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have been kicked off twice as a cop. The last time was6-23, right after I busted a real person racer and was going after a second one. I haven't seen anything in the settings that allow for it. It just seems funny that right after you bust a racer you get kicked from the game.

Message 4 of 7 (4,565 Views)

Champion (Retired)
The host of the lobby (as said above, is indicated by a crown) has the power to kick anyone from the game by selecting your name from the players list and choosing to kick you from the game. Has this happened to you multiple times or is this the only incident?

About the punishment, no, the game will not automatically kick you for taking down the same person multiple times.
Message 5 of 7 (4,090 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Nope. The host can actually kick you from the game. I have encountered this numerous times with the player named LION-RACE-POLICE. I'm a better player than he is and because of that he kicks me from the game each time. I laugh all the time cause he seems childish to always be doing that even when I am not attacking him. BTW he always attacks first lol

Message 6 of 7 (2,744 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If the host doesn't like you they will kick you from the game on purpose. Usually that means your'e a better player than them.

Message 7 of 7 (2,742 Views)