Instant crash on Xbox One

by Raine2627249

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Instant crash on Xbox One

★★★★★ Newbie

This game is unplayable via EA play, it's only possible to load offline but that can't be done because then it doesn't register that I have permission to play the game. Inb4 the same half fixes like re-installing etc I've been reading from threads at least 3 years old with the same issue for this game. EA owes every customer who paid for this game a refund, and I guess those of us with ea play are just screwed

Message 1 of 19 (6,810 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Instant crash on Xbox One

Community Manager

Hi there, @Raine2627249.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this. Rivals should still be playable online. What happens when you try to connect? Also, if you haven't already, I'd like you to power cycle your equipment with the following steps: unplug your modem, router and console. After 2 minutes plug in the modem and router. Let them come back online completely. Then plug in your console and start it up. Let me know if that helps or not.

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 19 (6,771 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there, @Raine2627249.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this. Rivals should still be playable online. What happens when you try to connect? Also, if you haven't already, I'd like you to power cycle your equipment with the following steps: unplug your modem, router and console. After 2 minutes plug in the modem and router. Let them come back online completely. Then plug in your console and start it up. Let me know if that helps or not.

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 19 (6,772 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EA_Aljo Do you want an entire rundown of every "fix" I've tried? I thought I made it clear in my OP I have read every relevant thread about this issue already, I've power cycled, I've uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times, I cleared my whatever blu ray settings had to be cleared, do I need to continue to prove I've done literally everything, the game is BROKEN unless you own a disc copy which means for everybody using EA Play we're not going to get to play because it'll crash of it's connected online and we have to be connected online to play the game. Either fix the game or quit making excuses and refund everyone
Message 3 of 19 (6,758 Views)

Community Manager

@Raine2627249 

I wanted to know what you've tried so I can avoid asking you to try something that's already been done. Have you tried using alternate DNS settings? If not, try it now with these steps. From the Xbox One screen, go to Settings > Network > Advanced settings > DNS settings > Manual. (If Settings doesn't appear on the home screen, select My Games & Apps, then Settings). From there, enter the Primary DNS as "208.67.222.222" and the Secondary DNS as "208.67.220.220". If that doesn't help, try using the google DNS servers which are: primary alt number 8.8.8.8 - secondary alt number 8.8.4.4.

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 19 (6,733 Views)

★★ Novice

I’m actually having a similar issue. I try to boot up nsf rivals but it crashes whenever it says “ finding a game to join” . I have tried many things from rebooting my router, rebooting my Xbox, deleting the game off my Xbox changing the DNS ( I have a disc). I have 2 nfs games but only one of them works. I’ve also done the stuff you recommended in this conversation but it still doesn’t work. I want to play this game but I can’t. If I can have help that will be appreciated 

Message 5 of 19 (6,698 Views)

Community Manager

Hi there, @Aidobeast55 

Thanks for reaching out. Please take a look at the network settings screen on your Xbox and let me know what it says for the NAT type.

Aljo.png
Message 6 of 19 (6,690 Views)

★★ Novice

it says NAT Type Open

Message 7 of 19 (6,675 Views)

Community Manager

@Aidobeast55 

Thanks for letting me know. Try clearing the alternate MAC address with these steps:

Go to your Xbox One Settings (Just press Start, then click Settings)
Go to "Network", then "Advanced Network Settings"
Click on "Alternate MAC Address", and then click "Clear"

Let me know what happens.

Aljo.png
Message 8 of 19 (6,670 Views)

★★ Novice

my xbox did a restart but the game has the same problem

Message 9 of 19 (6,658 Views)

★★ Novice

i hate to break it to you but i think the game is legitimately broken.

Message 10 of 19 (6,640 Views)