In Need for speed Rivals keyboard stops working.

by Flatguy

Original Post

Re: In Need for speed Rivals keyboard stops working.

★★★ Newbie

I had the exact same problem after doing a fresh install of Win 10 64bit after having 8.1 64bit.  Sometimes I couldn't even get past the opening screen or could play 5-10 minutes before the keyboard the game would stop responding to the keyboard and I had to CTRL-ALT-DEL to get to task manager and kill the game.  Running the 32 bit version seems to have solved it.  Gotta wonder why they even made a 64bit version - there's no advantages to it.  Also if they let you use any gamepad instead of only supporting the XBox controller, this probably wouldn't be an issue.  When running the 64bit version it would occasionally crash the Nvidia driver.  Haven't had that happen with the 32bit version yet.  They could have at least made shortcuts to both versions so people would know there was a choice.  If you didn't know, you'd think Microsoft made the game.  

Message 21 of 24 (2,142 Views)

★★★ Newbie

well I do some changes with settings I installed in D drive and my keyboard stuck after 2 hours gameplay ... i was unable to save my Speed Points...help!

Message 22 of 24 (1,716 Views)

★ Apprentice
Right Mouse click "NFS14.exe" change "properties" compatible modus "Windows 7" did it for me!

I played for 2 hours with no problems (before that it was a Nightmare) I use Win10 Pro 64bit AMD Radeon HD 6900 I7 8x 2,8 Ghz

Not 100% sure if I really solved it but for now it works!
Message 23 of 24 (1,541 Views)

★★★ Newbie

never put games on the windows drive if you do that then your pc can run slow 

Message 24 of 24 (723 Views)