Re: How To Won Rapid Responses In Need For Speed Rivals

by Jacobba55

Original Post

How To Won Rapid Responses In Need For Speed Rivals

★★ Novice

With which car rapid responses can be won, that means gold,silver,bronze the event, in need for speed rivals ?

I have rank 21

With which car time trials can be won, that means gold,silver,bronze the event, in need for speed rivals ?

I have rank 21

Message 1 of 14 (7,505 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@SarkarSaurav

Hey there! As a rank 61 in both Cop and Racer and proud Rivals enthusiast who owns both the PS3 and PS4 versions, I would be happy to help! The key to Rapid Responses, is to avoid time penalties, don't hit traffic and avoid scraping against walls, otherwise your time will be increased. Regardless of whether you are a cop or racer, you should use a car with higher performance, for time trials as a racer, you could consider using the Turbo pursuit tech to boost straight line speed significantly, or the Shock Wave to knock traffic and rivals out of your way. As a cop, use Patrol cars as they have an acceleration boost, or Undercover for stealth and control stat for better handling. Here are some examples of high performance cars that would be good for Rapid Response/Time Trial. Hope this solves your problem!

Racer: Koenigsegg One:1, Pagani Huyara, McLaren P1, Lamborghini Veneno, Ferrari Enzo, F12 Berlinetta. (Note that time trials are significantly easier than Rapid Responses).

Cop: Koenigsegg One:1, Venom GT, Lamborghini Aventador/Murcielago, McLaren F1, Aston Martin One-77, Bugatti Veyron. Bear in mind that higher performance cars typically have less durability and will wreck/crash easily in collisions.

Message 2 of 14 (7,314 Views)

★★ Novice

As i told you i have rank 21

So i got Lamborghini Murcielago (patrol) and Aston Martin One-77 (undercover) cars for cop

I used these two cars in Rapid Response Easy - Blue Rush track

The Bronze Time Out is 2 min 50 sec

Lamborghini Murcielago (patrol) car passed 7/10 checkpoints and 1.0 mil was left
Aston Martin One-77 (undercover) car passed 6/10 checkpoints and 1.3 mil was left

So i cannot finish

Message 3 of 14 (7,255 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@SarkarSaurav

I see... Did you get any time penalties for crashing into walls and traffic? If not, then what I would advise is that you complete other events first as practice and prioritise the easier Rapid Responses. If you haven't completed all the other events, then I highly advise you do that. In my experience, Hot Pursuits are the best, no time penalties or chance to fail, unless you don't bust all the Racers before the finish line. You said that you are rank 21, but that would mean you have unlocked the Venom GT+Agera R, right? (I know they can be difficult to use and handle, but sadly in Rapid Responses you don't get to use the car you like, I would know as mine is a Dodge Charger!) and if you haven't already, I recommend you download the Koenigsegg One:1 DLC for free, it has insane acceleration.

At your point in career, you can also complete previous speedlists to unlock the other specs of car. For example, you have the BMW M6 as a Patrol, but the other two are locked. You can go back and do the speedlists to unlock the others. Anyway, I'll take a look at those events you mentioned on my PS4 soon.

Any further questions you may have, please do let me know. I'd be very keen to solve any problems with Rivals you may have! 😊

Message 4 of 14 (7,249 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@SarkarSaurav

Right, I got the times. For [EASY] Blue Rush I got a time of 1:09.01 in a Koenigsegg One:1. First, make sure your Nitrous is full at the start. 1:27.28 in a McLaren 12C, you need a time of under 2 minutes to get gold on a 3.4 mile route. You should be able to do it, go on, you can do it!

Message 5 of 14 (7,239 Views)

★★ Novice

No, i did not got any time penalties for crashing into walls and traffics.

You advised me to complete other events first as practice and prioritise the easier Rapid Responses.

That means i will not start any event just cover the distance by speeding the car, just somehow like patrolling ?

Yes i had unlocked the Venom GT and Agera R.

But both these cars unable to cover the remaining 0.8 mil.

If i download the Koenigsegg One:1 DLC will it be added to my car lists ?

If yes then how to download Koenigsegg One:1 DLC.

As i had completed cop career i gone back and started from the beginning and i chose the Rapid Response speedlist because i cannot complete the Rapid Responses, i had skipped the Rapid Response speedlist and moved on with other events and completed the cop career.

I am using windows platform.

Message 6 of 14 (7,225 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@SarkarSaurav Right. What I mean is, if you can't complete this particular Rapid Response, then you should try a different one or different types of events. The time limit on Blue Rush doesn't seem too harsh though, so if you keep practicing the route you should be able to complete it through trial and error. I'm not sure how to download DLCs for PC, but you might be able to find it on EA website? I'm on console, so I used the PlayStation Store. It will be added to both Cop and Racer car lists upon download.

If I'm going to be able to help you anymore, I'm going to need to know EXACTLY what you do in a Rapid Response, as it doesn't appear to be too difficult. But nonetheless, I will try my best! Maybe you could try using cars you are mode confident with, cars that you like, or are used to? I don't know if I can provide anymore support, but if you still need help, I'm free to keep trying anyway.
Message 7 of 14 (7,219 Views)

★★ Novice

about DLCs i don't know but i got the cars from origin client.

its free i just clicked and it added.

i just changed the assignment and it is visible.

but the car have lesser speed than other cars and it have to complete 0.6 mil and the bronze time is over as a cop car.

yes only rapid responses for cops and time trials for racers i cannot complete.

i cannot remember which level but after few levels i got special events to complete and in one time i got this car and won the rapid response as a special event. 

it is a programmatic problem, EA not giving the full car speeds as described, i can observe it clearly, in real life if we walk or run we can have the difference of the visuals around us even when we are travelling in vehicles in real life we can have that difference as the vehicle starts and speeds up like that when i am playing, all the cars having probably the same visuals it doesn't matter what speed limit is showing.

i am playing car racing games when dos based games are available.

now windows 10 came and the car racing games should have developed to provide a probably real life adventure but need for speed rivals not having that updation.

or maybe for console based games pc based games are going out.

but why anyone cannot remember the console games are made in PCs ???

Message 8 of 14 (7,129 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@SarkarSaurav

Okay. From what you've told me, it seems your PC may be experiencing lag? If that's the case, the frame rate will slow down, makings things appear much slower. This lag is caused by things like the game being very 'data heavy' (uses up lots of storage) or the game struggling to render the graphics and on-screen sprites fast enough, and to be fair Rivals does have reasonably advanced graphics with a large number of sprites due to random Racers and Cops spawning.

If this isn't a gameplay issue, I really can't help you. Because the PC causing lag, and your car not reaching the goal in time in normal gameplay are two separate things. I'd advise looking at the PC related threads for things like minimum specs to run the game, check the version of Rivals you downloaded to make sure it is legitimate, and if you can give me anymore information about the issues, please do.

I will now attempt the "Blue Rush" Rapid Response in what could be called, the weakest car in the game (although it's actually one of my favourites), the Dodge Charger SRT8 Enforcer Spec. It has the worst combination of stats: extreme strength and durability, but with almost no control, a weak top speed and the worst acceleration. This test will allow me to see if this event is possible with any car in the game, and although I consider myself a good driver, I'm hoping this will give me some useful results. I'll get back to you with a time and what award I got for the run as soon as I can.

Until then, have a nice day. I hope that your problem will be solved eventually!

Message 9 of 14 (7,123 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@SarkarSaurav

Just got a time of 1:22.87 in my favourite Dodge Charger SRT8. I'm absolutely sure you can do it, as long as you can fix any issues with your device (if there is any) then you will definitely be able to do it!

Message 10 of 14 (7,112 Views)