DirectX Error

by wenjing6

Original Post

Re: DirectX Error

★★★ Novice

I just returned it on Origin and won't rebuy unless they (or nVidia) announce a fix for this. Too bad -- it seems like a really great game, just with zero effort on the PC front.

Message 21 of 262 (8,929 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I cannot say for sure but I believe that your "Built Into the Motherboard" video is not up to par. If you check the PC System Requirements for NFS: Rivals you will find that your card is not on the supported list.

Here is a link to their PC system requirements listing both minimum and recommended requirements:https://help.ea.com/ca/article/need-for-speed-rivals-pc-system-requirements

Note that the minimum requirements only means that you'll be able to run the program. It doesn't mean that it will run well.

Get yourself a descent card and don't just take my advice. Do your research on video cards and learn about them or you may just end up buying a card that still won't do the job. Make sure it is an ATI or NVIDIA graphics processor and be prepared to spend some dollars. I am using an HIS HD7770 and it was around $100. It is not a top of the line card but it works fairly well and much better than the minimum requirements they state.Getting optimum performance will set you back several hundreds of dollars. You can easily spend over $1000 for a card but it is not necessary. Make sure that the card can be plugged into one of the slots on your motherboard and that the motherboard supports the type of card interface. As well, make sure you are running at least Windows 7. For some of you it may mean you're may need a newer motherboard since the new video cards may not plug into it.

The card has to generate millions of polygons every second to update the screen so therefore a slower card means poorer performance. I can't stress enough about doing your research. Of course if you don't want to do your research just buy what AE recommends.

Message 22 of 262 (8,924 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have a ti boost 650 gtx -- more than enough for this game -- and get a similar directx error (not quite identical) that forces a quit after 5-10 minutes.

Message 23 of 262 (8,922 Views)

★★★ Novice

So I swapped out my Ti for a Radeon and the problem no longer occurs. I bet NVIDIA will release a driver to fix this issue soon, because that's clearly what's going on here.

Message 24 of 262 (8,869 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Message 25 of 262 (8,527 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem for me, GTX 650 Ti Boost http://imgur.com/GN0Mq05

Message 26 of 262 (8,468 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Message 27 of 262 (8,465 Views)

★ Apprentice

Seme here EA pls fix the game after all you make this game to play, not for this stupid DX Error or if the problem is not from you tell nVidia for that to upload no version Driver! Confusedmileysad:

Message 28 of 262 (8,265 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Please fix this EA!!

Message 29 of 262 (7,933 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have ati radeon hd 3870 with latest drivers.when i try to run the game a get the directx function createpixelshader for null failed with e_invalidarg "an invalid parameter was passed to the returning function" gpu ati hd 3800 driver unknown.so i have the 3870 but it seems to be recognised as 3800.i replaced it with ati radeon hd 5440 and it works with no errors exept for the fps with all settings on low its really slow.very low fps in fullscreen a litle bit better in window mode.i am no expert but i think there is something wrong with the game and or driver which gives people the directx e_invalidarg error

Message 30 of 262 (7,865 Views)