Car wont Drive?

by 7ydaar

Original Post

Re: Car wont Drive?

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@laudruppel

Thanks for updating us on the situation.

Need for Speed is very sensitive in terms of controls so any (for other games, minor) issues with a controller are noticeable. I remember when the game just launched that reports like this did make me scratch my head as to what was going on. A car that won't drive..... well that is not good in a driving game.. Embarrassed

Glad we got to the bottom of it though. If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out to me again. For now, hope you are enjoying the game.. :eahigh_file:

Message 311 of 321 (630 Views)

★ Novice
I've tried to reinstall the game by this method a few times now & I've still got the same problem, how long will it be before its fived? I can't go any further in the game until it is. I've played every need for speed & I have to say I'm not very happy, this is school boy stuff & shouldn't happen in the first place, concentrate on the game instead of the online aspect oh & playing in the dark all the time is just plain laziness on the developers part, I expect more from this franchise & don't like paying hard earned money for a game that's gone backwards. Please take note, I loved most of the previous need for speed games but rivals & this 2015 version are very poor so please please please can you make the next game in the same ilk as most wanted & the run etc otherwise I won't be buying anymore need for speed games.
Message 312 of 321 (561 Views)

EA DICE Team

@JonBowen

Could you specify the exact issue that you're experiencing? You are referring to both Rivals and the latest Need for Speed, I want to make sure that I can provide you with the appropriate steps.

Note that if your issue is with Need for Speed 15, then please refer to the following topic for steps:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/PC-Troubleshooting-for-Wheels-Controllers-Controls/td-p/52...

Message 313 of 321 (555 Views)

★ Novice
I was referring to an acceleration bug on need for speed 2015 for the ps4 digital download from PlayStation Store, I've attempted to delete & reinstall the game a few times but I still have the same problem. I don't have the option of changing the sensitivity etc on the controller like you can on pc, which is abit of a pain. Is there any info when this will be fixed? I can't go any further in the game until it is.
Message 314 of 321 (552 Views)

EA DICE Team

@JonBowen

I am not aware of any such bugs at the moment as there have been no other recent reports. Could you please try using another controller?

Message 315 of 321 (547 Views)

★ Novice
There's nothing wrong with my controller, it works on every other game I have & it also works with every other car I've used so far on the game, if it helps the car it's happening with is the Porsche that you have to use for Amy's Javelin mission.
Message 316 of 321 (543 Views)

EA DICE Team

@JonBowen

That race is supposed to be very hard. If your car manages to accelerate (as in, you are moving forward) then the only further suggestion I have is to keep trying.

Message 317 of 321 (529 Views)

★ Novice
It takes an age to accelerate out of 1st gear & then won't go past 90mph, is that your idea of it supposed to be a hard mission? I'm not stupid or a noob, I've been a gamer for over 30 years so when I say it's bugged that's what I mean. The car won't accelerate so the mission can be completed, if it was just a case of the car being a slow car then that would be evident as it would still go through the gears as normal. So what are my options? I've paid for a game that clearly has an issue but it seems that it's not being taken seriously which in turn means there'll be no fix do I get a hard copy from EA as a replacement or a refund?
Message 318 of 321 (523 Views)

EA DICE Team

@JonBowen

There are currently zero other reports of this which would indicate to me that it is not a bug. However, if you can provide me with a video of what is happening I could double-check for you.

Message 319 of 321 (513 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've solved my problem with Need for speed rivals. I deleted everything as suggested, and then moved on. The amount of time that it takes to do the original download and all the extra tries to hope it fixes the problem that EA has never bothered to fix isn't worth it. Now I didn't have to pay the origin full price for the game but it's still my money, and I won't be wasting anymore on a company that has had all this time to correct the problem and done nothing.

Message 320 of 321 (386 Views)