Re: Car wont Drive?

by brgjr05

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Confusedmileysad:dear EA i purchased Need for Speed Rivals from PSN store on PS4 as digital download and downloaded the game along with a patch and game works fine after tutorial the car didnt move i kept pressing R2 button and its not moving i am very disapionted what a Messy Product Confusedmileysad:

Message 81 of 321 (1,302 Views)

★★★ Newbie

EA,

I recently purchased your product Need for Speed Rivals on my brand-spanking new PS4! I purchased it via the Playstation store, however it seems as though my cars will not accelerate after I actually begin the game. I keep restarting it and after being forced to watch the terrible unskippable introduction video I find that they still refuse to go. Do you understand how disappointed I am as a customer? I am able to get a hold of one of the hottest items of the year being the PS4 just so I can sit on the pavement and admire the grass growing with your product. Please fix this soon, your ruining my Holiday cheer.

Message 82 of 321 (1,295 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I was having the same problem. I bought the PS4 digital download version and car wouldn't drive. I tried playing today and it's working. Not sure if EA released a patch since last night but so far so good.

Message 83 of 321 (1,264 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Just bought the game, same problem here... Extremely aggravating. Been a fan of EA and Dice for a looong time but I'm done with both of them now, way too many problems with every release.
Message 84 of 321 (1,251 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have had the same problem E.A. fix this problem and take your games more serously check updates before you send them out especally coming from a person that hasn't played a need for speed since ps1 this a terrible impression.

Message 85 of 321 (1,243 Views)

★★★ Novice

People who posted above are u facing the "acceleration bug" even after complete download of the game which is 17gb or the inital download (3gb) ?

Message 86 of 321 (1,233 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just purchased the game and had this issue as well.  I deleted/reinstalled a few times before I realized that the game was not fully downloaded and upon further research across other forums it seems as though that is the root of the problem.  The newest patch doesn't seem to cooperate with the tutorial section of the game.  Either delete the game data and then stop the update file from installing until you get through the tutorial or let the game download and install completely.  If you press the Options button when NFS is chosen and go to information it will show you how much is downloaded by "Download Status."  Hope this helps some people.

Message 87 of 321 (1,230 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's simply because the game finished downloading.  It let's you play before it has downloaded entirely but apparently the newest patch doesn't get along with the tutorial section.

Message 88 of 321 (1,229 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I hit r2 and nothing happens everything elsa works just no gas. I got the digital copy from the psn. Location is charlottle north carolina pleas fix soon . Right now it was lime throwing money away.

Message 89 of 321 (1,184 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

and now, the installing have been running for 24 hours! still only 45%! Don't even know R2 work or not! Already spent 4days to install this game now and having my holidays ruin!

Message 90 of 321 (1,180 Views)