Audio bug/issue on the Xbox One

by carnagedude504

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Audio bug/issue on the Xbox One

★★★ Newbie

Hello! I just got my copy of NFS Rivals the other day, and after installing it to my hard drive (I wait until the entire game is installed), I jumped into the game. Normally, I enable subtitles in games, and in this case it actually helped me with the issue i'm having.

Whenever someone in the game tries to talk (a voice actor, not another player), the game audio fades out (normal), but the voice does not play. I can tell that someone is supposed to be talking, since there are subtitles, but the sound for the voice does not play at all. I have gone into my settings to check the in-game audio and whatnot, but nothing seems to help. I even tried plugging in a set of headphones and I still could not hear anything (thought that the voice may have been very quiet, but I couldn't pick up anything at all).

Am I the only one having this issue, or is this a common occurence? I'm considering returning the game for a new copy, to see if that would help fix my issue, but I figured that i'd give EA support a shot first.

Message 1 of 16 (39,848 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Need for Speed Rivals no voice audio

★★ Novice

I changed my audio setting on my xbox one from 7.1 uncompressed to Stereo uncompressed and it worked! I can now hear the voice audio, and now enjoy nfs rivals! Thanks for your help.

View in thread

Message 9 of 16 (47,900 Views)

All Replies

Re: Audio bug/issue on the Xbox One

★★★ Apprentice

Are you using a surround sound?

If so is other sound (engine, traffic etc) also playing through the center speaker?

Message 2 of 16 (39,840 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Nope, i'm using the standard stereo speaker system that my TV has.

The only issue i'm having with sound is the voice issue I described in my original post. Everything else works, and I haven't had any issues regarding sound with any other game.

Message 3 of 16 (39,836 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

strange, only reason I was asking about other sounds was in case it was something with surround setup. 

Message 4 of 16 (39,832 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I might go get a new copy to see if that fixes it. Then again, it could have just been an issue with installation to my hard drive.

If only I knew how to access the system storage of the Xbox One, I could delete and reinstall the content and see if that fixes it.

Message 5 of 16 (39,832 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi did you end up fixing it? Because I have the same issue and havent found a way to fix it.

Message 6 of 16 (39,792 Views)

Need for Speed Rivals no voice audio

★★ Novice

Hi when I play need for speed rivals on my xbox one there is no voice audio. When someone is speaking, eg cops on the radio or in cutsceens there is subtitles but no sound. I can hear music and sirens and all other sounds except voices. I have tried different tvs and different copies of the game and I'm still having the issue. Any help would be appreceated. Thanks.

Message 7 of 16 (39,794 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Tom911000 - I have merged your question in this thread since you are experiencing the same issue.

I have made some research and I have found some information on the Xbox One support website - Maybe you can try to consult their articles in order to make sure the audio settings selected are correct.

However if everything is correctly configured but the issue persists, please post a comment below - Thanks.

Message 8 of 16 (39,787 Views)

★★ Novice

I changed my audio setting on my xbox one from 7.1 uncompressed to Stereo uncompressed and it worked! I can now hear the voice audio, and now enjoy nfs rivals! Thanks for your help.

Message 9 of 16 (47,901 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks a lot., it worked for me; was looking a while on how to fix it.

Message 10 of 16 (39,687 Views)