need for speed payback

by NuclearMeatloaf1

Original Post

need for speed payback

★ Novice

So I just downloaded Need for Speed Payback and for some reason it will not launch. No error message, no black screen. Nothing happens at all. The play button goes away for a few seconds and then returns where you can then repeat the process with no luck. I have been working on this issue for 2-3 days now and nothing is working. I have tried all basic troubleshooting methods and here is a list of what is not working

- Reboot Computer 

- Reboot Orgin

- Re-install Orgin

- Re-install Need for Speed Payback

- Shutdown all Firewall and Norton security guards

- Launching from Steam

- Launching for admin on desktop

- Running Orgin in Desktop 

- Contacted Support (No reply yet)

- Read all related posts on the EA Forms 

- Checked and insured that computer specs are up to par (And they are)

And still nothing is working. Another symptom is that the game will show up in my task manager for about 30 seconds (It is in this time that the orgin play button goes grey. But after about 45 seconds the game disappears from the task manager and the play button is now active again.

I am linking the MSInfo Sheet as a .txt file in the attachments if anyone wants it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated because this is super frustrating to spend that much money on a game and it won't even launch.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 3 (324 Views)

Re: need for speed payback

Community Manager

@NuclearMeatloaf1

Your CPU has only two cores (hardware threads) where the requirement is for four. You might also want to temporarily disable your antivirus as that could be causing an issue. If you do get the game to run, performance will not be ideal due to your under-powered CPU.

Minimum Requirements for 720p30 at low settings
CPU: Intel i3 6300 @ 3.8GHz or AMD FX 8150 @ 3.6GHz with 4 hardware threads
RAM: 6GB
DISC DRIVE: DVD ROM drive required for installation only
HARD DRIVE: 30GB
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 750 Ti or AMD Radeon™ HD 7850 or equivalent DX11 compatible GPU with 2GB of memory
DirectX: 11 Compatible video card or equivalent
INPUT: Dual analog controller
ONLINE CONNECTION REQUIREMENTS: 192 KBPS or faster Internet connection

barry.png
Message 2 of 3 (306 Views)

Re: need for speed payback

★ Novice

I am not sure where you are getting the CPU info because i am pretty sure that it is capable of running the program. Nfs Rivals, Most Wanted, and Hot Pursuit run just fine on the same device. Even if it was not compatible, wouldn't the game still launch and it would just run very poorly?

Message 3 of 3 (278 Views)