Re: Xbox One X - Loading Issues and Crashes to Dashboard

by KCrayog

Original Post

Xbox One X - Loading Issues and Crashes to Dashboard

★ Apprentice
As the title suggests, I'm struggling to play the game due to loading issues and regular crashes back to the dashboard. Its a great game when it plays but I think this needs looking at as a matter of urgency.
Message 1 of 42 (13,818 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Also having the same issues.    I only got the new 1X console and the game yesterday.   It took 5 attempts to get the game to run yesterday,  then it seemed fine for the next 10 hours.     But  today It keeps crashing on the menu's,  it will also crash when it loads me into the world.  It forgets to load some of the decals that were added and saved to the car.  

Managed to change my car to a plain black restored mustang and it just keeps crashing me back to the xbox dashboard.  

Please fix this ASAP. 

Edit :   Also I have just done a complete uninstall and re-install,  and its exactly the same.  

Message 2 of 42 (13,738 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

its not just on the one x i got the normal xbox one and im getting crashes in fact as of this patch that just went out i cant play at all as soon i load in and move my car it crashes me to the dash like really

Message 3 of 42 (13,254 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Normal Xbox One here. Have been getting infrequent crashes. Once yesterday, after saving to library a community lot that I was working on for 6 hours or so. Thank Vlad it went through a few minutes before the crash. The second time happened a few minutes ago after idling while submitting a separate bug report. Game isn't autosaving either, so that progress pre-crash is unlikely to be there. I'm wondering if it might have to do with a bug in Xbox's new idling feature?
Message 4 of 42 (13,199 Views)

★★★ Novice

Having the same problem  on my xbox  one x,,tried to contact xbox support but could not help.Did you find a fix?

Message 5 of 42 (13,128 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
No, I haven't found a fix unfortunately Frown A friend raised a ticket with EA and didn't hear anything back from them so he contacted microsoft and they gave him a refund despite having over 2 hours play. He literally couldn't load it at all.

One theory i have though is that it might be related to car decals. I deleted all the paint jobs i'd made that had decals and it seems a bit better..... might be worth a go.
Message 6 of 42 (12,738 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I had the same problem, and it turned out to be a connectivity issue.

As in it only happened when I was connected to internet. I still have the problem, I just can't play 9/10 times when connected to internet, so most of the time, after 10 times getting crashed to the dashboard, I just give up and turn the Xbox One on offline mode.

After I do that, the game works almost flawless. The only issue I ran into once, was that the textures in the city were not loading in at night, because I was speeding a little too much with the regera.

So the temporary fix for me, and hopefully you as well:

- disconnect your Xbox from the internet (be it an ethernet cable or wifi)

The only disadvantage you run into, is that you can't open shipments while offline, or register your achievements. All these will be unlocked though, when you are able to get the game online that 1/10 time. 

(watch out with certain achievements though, if you're interested I can reply once more with a list of advice regarding the achievements, but to make this post not too extensive, I'll leave it here :-) )

Let me know if switching your Xbox One to offline mode works for you, so that we can spread the news of this temporary fix, until EA comes with the oh so needed update.

Message 7 of 42 (12,719 Views)

★★★ Novice

i bought the game maybe 30 minutes as of writing this reply and i cannot even play the Prologue (Normal Xbox) i start racing as Tyler Morgan in his Skyline and BOOM, game freezes and boots me back to the dashboard, no matter how many times i try and restart it always happens 

Message 8 of 42 (12,598 Views)

★★★ Novice

ok i just got off a chat with an EAHelp member and they fixed my issue (for now) so i'll post what they told me so hopefully it helps out you guys.

Okay, let's try clearing the MAC Address with these steps: From the Xbox dashboard select Settings>All Settings>Network>Network Settings>Advanced Settings>Alternate MAC address>Clear, then restart your Xbox. -Ellie

this has worked for me so far, hope it helps you guys out

Message 9 of 42 (12,592 Views)

★★★ Novice

forget everything i said, started the game this morning and it crashed again

Message 10 of 42 (12,554 Views)