Why EA refuses to bring back classic style NFS?

by GK3512

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why EA refuses to bring back classic style NFS?

★★★★ Pro

It's been 9 years since a properly done classic NFS,and 8 years more since the classic NFS before last time.Since 2015,it seems EA firmly treat ricer style FF games as THE DEFINITIVE NFS.Which is funny and pathetic.Criterion did it right with HP2010 by catching the essence of HP/Classic NFS games-Race or Chase endlessly.Custom wasnt in NFS until High Stakes,Custom wasnt become main part of game until Motor City Online.So why Cannonball Run style been replaced by Fast Furious style that launched with UG1 in 2003(9 years after TNFS)?If just because UG1-MW sold well back then.EA really should forget 25 years and wait another 9 years till UG1 becomes 25 years old.Otherwise they just messing with classic style fans and forget its own history.Pathetic.Classic NFS has been gone for too long.It's time to revive the classic HP IP once again to save NFS series as a whole.

Message 1 of 18 (3,125 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Why EA refuses to bring back classic style NFS?

Community Manager

@GK3512 @BVBgamer88 @Luka0101998 

C'mon guys, play nice please, I do not want to lock threads.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 11 of 18 (4,516 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide

You call making it like HP saving ???

Are you kidding me ???

Look, i respect anyones opinion BUT that way of making NFS games almost LED TO NFS DISSAPEARING ! 

Rivals almost ruined the franchise, Hot Pursuit brought the weird brake to drift system that feels like playing a mobile game, no personality to the game, no proper free roam, only exotic cars...

Forget it ! Be satisfied that the games are being made and thank Ghost Studios for that ! 

The customization / car culture theme is what made Need for Speed actually famous and it will go on that way. 

Message 2 of 18 (3,026 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Luka0101998 Actually Famous? HP1 back in 90s is what an instant hit like in NFS. UG-MW black box era ruined the whole direction. And thanks to fake NFS2015. People tend to believe custom is the core of the name. But in 90s NFS was the Cannonball Run of racing games. EA forget history of NFS and cementing tuner/ricer as core of NFS is both hilarious and pathetic. 25 years of NFS should be celebrated with classic style. Or wait 9 more years until the big change UG1 turns 25 to celebrate.
Message 3 of 18 (3,019 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Luka0101998 Custom and story are what made me turn away from NFS. A racing game should be simple and pure about driving fun. Not a revenge story or custom a car for a long time then spend less time on driving itself. Story led NFS steered away from the roots. And 25 anniversary is a good time to go back to the roots.
Message 4 of 18 (3,011 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@GK3512 Before you continue to cry any further...please check how much money EA has made from Underground 1 and 2 , Most Wanted and Carbon...

If you want to play a game purely for driving, go play freaking Forza, Need for Speed HAS A SOUL ! It is everything that car culture is and MOST PEOPLE WANT THAT !

Those games have always something to be remembered by so if you don`t have anything else to say except to trash NFS, please stop typing !

Message 5 of 18 (2,930 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Luka0101998 NFS Blackbox era wasnt the original period. EA already gone too far with the BB success. And tried too hard to force sth. not exclusive to NFS to be a signature of NFS. Before UG1 came in, NFS was a real Cannonball Run of racing games. And after that, it was just a trend chaser of FF BS. FF series success led to UG success and the denial of classic NFS. If EA wants to forget classic era NFS, why don't wait 9 more years to celebrate 25 anniversary of UG1, the game that changed NFS?
Message 6 of 18 (2,918 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Luka0101998 Disagree silly boy no NFS was allready famous way before the UG ERa wich i stand on, i mean if you where born in 98 then you have no idea how good NFS was back in the day. No we dident had open world or tuning,atleast not what you are used with. In High Stakes you could kinda built a stock BMW Z3 up too a trackracecar, since you did a career as a pro racer. My point is we dident need a story and that made NFS more fun, we even had split screen and lot of fun gamemodes. Plus police chases was more realistic compared too MOstwanted etc, stop act like a spoiled know it all kid.
Message 7 of 18 (2,908 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I see that there is no point in discussing anything with you two dumb ignorant kids because the truth is, i don't need to care about your opinion ! 

Message 8 of 18 (2,903 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@Luka0101998You call me a kid exuse me?, but im actually 31 year old male. My first NFS game was NFS 2SE but the first i bought was NFS 3 HP 1, my point is NFS allready then was starting too get famous. Why do you think EA hired Black Box?, that was because of all the money they earned from the cannonball games. EA actually made the NFS themselves back in the 90s,because they werent that big compared too today. Buy the way you are just a plastic NFS fan, you wouldent care about NFS if it dident went down the FF\UG trend thing.

Message 9 of 18 (2,898 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Luka0101998 Think no point in caring about us,then make a post just to disagree with us?that's funny.If you dont care,just ignore and say nothing.It's the real way of don't care
Message 10 of 18 (2,890 Views)