Where's the action camera feature from NFS 2015? Why isn't it in Payback? :/

by Malleus14

Original Post

Where's the action camera feature from NFS 2015? Why isn't it in Payback? :/

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I was taking a look at the trailers and gameplays of Need For Speed Payback and I couldn't help but notice that noone used the action cam. You know what this means my fellow diversity loving, edgy, intense and physics loving friends. It's gone sadly....... Let us take a moment to mourn it's lost lol. No longer will our cars sway and change angles with our drifts while we listen to our engines rev at high rpms while we balance the throttle and our advanced turbo chargers make that Stutututu sound we love, no longer will our driving experience angle itself differently as we gained speed, no longer will our wheels come into focus as we do burnouts, no longer will we have gymkhana like camera views as we donut in our fully modded BRZs, no longer will our cars be encircled like in real life car shows as our cars idle or we drive ever so slowly. That's right my friends, now we have to drive and look at our cars simply from a rear end view with the Nitrous effects being the only moment of thrill. All other moments will be left unemphasized  and uncaptured. Woe is Payback. Let the monotonous driving commence. :'(

Message 1 of 9 (2,264 Views)

Re: Am I the only one who really enjoyed the action camera feature from NFS 2015

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I have nfs 2015 on PC and I don't have the camera that change position while drifting.

And when I see that players on console having this feature on twitch, I am feel very lucky that they didn't imported that effect into PC version, I continue to wonder how they can continue to drive when the camera don't point at the road, it's so stressful.

And often, when the camera do that, most of them hit obstacle or cars while drifting :D

I saw it often on twitch.

Finally about the nitro effect, it's not at all the same effect in nfs 2015, I far prefer the nitro effect in nfs 2015 than nfs payback, it's look like so arcade game.

Message 2 of 9 (2,252 Views)

Re: Am I the only one who really enjoyed the action camera feature from NFS 2015

★ Apprentice

it's on pc and i loved it so much i played most of the game with the feature on almost finished the game it's always really been on we just wanna feel alive not have a static experience of str8 forwardness randomness is so dope i hope i hope... the action camera comes back in nfs payback too bad hate blocks many things. im not saying you are part of the hate its okay to not like it

i just had an issue with the people who threw hate when they could have just simply disabled the feature it really discourages growth and innovation but the action camera was mad cool Standard smile

Message 3 of 9 (2,233 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Ikr. But if you want to use the action cam just hit c in your keyboard until it changes, press Y on your Xbox control or Triangle on your PS4 control. Youl'll know if you're on the action camera when you press the brake and throttle together to do a burnout and it changes the angle. I understand what you're saying but I personally love driving with it. It changed the whole experience for me giving my racing experience more diversity and making it more lively. I know a lot of people don't use it because they crash a lot with it on but I honestly don't think it's that difficult to drive with. I think they should leave it in Need For Speed Payback but hey who am I to say that.....

Message 4 of 9 (2,205 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Exactly, I totally agree with you 100%. If you don't like just change the Camera position. I really hope they don't take it out. Driving will become so monotonous without it on making the game get boring and dry too fast. 

Message 5 of 9 (2,203 Views)

★★ Guide

@E3NBF you are still in the default view. the default view on both console and PC is the static cam. if you want the action cam you have to switch to it. 

Message 6 of 9 (2,096 Views)

Re: Where's the action camera feature from NFS 2015? Why isn't it in Payback?

★ Guide

I personally think instead of just bringing that camera back like it was in 2015, they should completely redesign it.

The camera should move (And maybe tilt) based on lateral acceleration, meaning that when the car makes a sharp turn to the left, the camera is forced to the right, to make it feel like the camera has weight, therefore making the car feel much faster around turns.

Message 7 of 9 (2,049 Views)

Re: Where's the action camera feature from NFS 2015? Why isn't it in Payback?

★★ Apprentice

Wow that would actually create a more intense driving experience too. Standard smile

Message 8 of 9 (2,017 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Im stuck in the action cam for whatever reason. How do i change back to static cam?
Message 9 of 9 (1,794 Views)