Re: What about a follow up from the main story?

by HazzardOutlaw

Original Post

What about a follow up from the main story?

★★★ Newbie
Once finishing the main story the gambler starts talking about Tyler and then we don't hear from him again, and on the loading screen it says "the house is gone.. or is it?? Could we have a follow up on that?.
Message 1 of 7 (390 Views)

★★ Pro

@Bigkeyz69

You know i was thinking the same. There is a lot of room for this game to grow story wise and dlc wise. Instead of doing a new NFS from scratch Id think it be cheaper and better to continue to build on Payback. It has been said Payback is a similar style to Fast and Furious and those movies took us on a journey watching the characters grow and change. Same could be done here. New map add ons , story and character continuations and DLC events and such. Why not ?

Message 2 of 7 (367 Views)

★★★ Guide
^^^^ I completely agree, HOWEVER, it would never be a success commercially. We never see games handled this way, as a subscription-based service rather than a completely new title every other year (other than MMOs). The reason is because the marketing hype would never swell to a high enough level to keep people interested, and thus, spending sufficient money. People want new and shiny, and want change for the sake of change. Payback didn't gain enough traction from the get-go to have a long enough life-cycle to make that idea feasible, even though I would love it if they did.
Message 3 of 7 (365 Views)

★★ Expert

@Bigkeyz69 

Well if you're betting the farm on that Tyler being another story for the future, anything is possible it is a game after all.

So if it happens it is something we will wait to see.

For me, I could care less if it happens.

I just want the storyline movies in this series to be removed, and just have an open world of free challenges with other gamers!

Something like N.F.S.W. game use to do when it was legally online from 2010 to 2015.

Sorry if I got off topic a little.

Regards

BLVD69

Message 4 of 7 (349 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Well I cant bet the farm because i don't have one. I mean i don't want one ether because its to much up keep and all the land and grass to cut would be a a pain , plus land  taxes and ...oh , ahem back to the post.

I can see what your saying but i think some story would be good for us single player campaign gamers. I liked the story in Payback and like having some type of story mode to support the game. I mean it doesn't have to be a Grammy winning Oscar written story but just a decent one like we had in PB. Sky hammer was a really cool chapter for me.

Now back to me rambling about farm land and no one listening  lol  Tongue out

Message 5 of 7 (325 Views)

★★★ Guide
I liked the story too. Everyone complains about the quality, but we don't play racing games for a gripping plot. That being said, it's also nice to have a compelling reason to play beyond the simple grind. I thought the story in Payback was enjoyable - no, not quality, but a nice reason to progress. This is especially beneficial for the SP campaign. Not everyone (myself included) is about multiplayer "always online." In fact, the happiest news I ever saw pre-release was that Payback was going to focus more on single player.
Message 6 of 7 (315 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Follow up story could be for online play or a brand new game. Either or works. 

As far as a Need For Speed World goes. Just drop it and stop bringing it up. They most likely won't ever do a new version that has all the cities from Underground 1 to this game actually connected. The story from all the games could be connected nicely but I doubt they have the imagination to make a game that has the cities all connected via the airports and a speed list system that acts like the Run for the cross country racing part. World had no story so it got boring real fast. Stay in hangout with nothing to do and you have your NFS World in a nutshell. See how many hours you can stay there without getting bored. Having a story makes the game way more enjoyable.  You have speedlist so  the whole online thing of Payback and NFS 2015 are essentially the new NFS World. 

Message 7 of 7 (294 Views)