Re: Weird pixelated reflections on PC on all ultra settings

by l2thhour

Original Post

Weird pixelated reflections on PC on all ultra settings

★★★ Novice

The title says it all. I really don't understand why it looks like this, it is all on ultra. The picture I provided doesn't really show how bad it looks. It gets extremely bad with an all black car. What I'm talking about is if you look at the car on the roof and hood the reflections are really pixelated. As I said, the picture really doesn't do it justice, hopefully, you understand what I'm talking about. Any solutions? It's super annoying and bothers me the whole time I play.

Message 1 of 12 (4,188 Views)

Community Manager

@l2thhour

The reflection maps (in probably all games) are generally of lower resolution for technical/performance reasons and is usually not an issue during gameplay. I can see how this might be a slight issue in static/beauty shots.

barry.png
Message 2 of 12 (4,157 Views)

★★★ Novice
Yeah, I totally understand that, but what weirds me out was when I changed my textures to high but left everything ultra it eliminated it, for the most part. So, I'll just keep that setting. However, thank you for your help!
Message 3 of 12 (4,151 Views)

Community Manager

@l2thhour

You are welcome Standard smile

barry.png
Message 4 of 12 (4,148 Views)

★★ Pro

@l2thhour

Out of curiosity I was wondering if this is what you were talking about  ?   Standard smile

NeedForSpeedPayback_2018_03_09_19_48_19_930.jpg

Message 5 of 12 (4,139 Views)

★★★ Novice
Yes! It would do that with black cars, but with any other color, the reflections would look extremely pixelated.
Message 6 of 12 (4,122 Views)

★★ Pro

Well then  it does it in my game to and It does it on chrome rims also.  Here is another example. I cant get rid of it ether. Frown

NeedForSpeedPayback_2018_03_13_20_47_52_377.jpg

Message 7 of 12 (4,103 Views)

★★★ Novice
Yeah, Its super annoying, especially when doing cinematography. If you're running all ultra like me, keep the settings all max but change the textures to high. I didn't wanna do this because I thought it would make the game look "worse", but it actually made it look better because the weird reflections went away. I also couldn't tell the difference between ultra and high textures anyways. Like I said, keep the settings all ultra but change the textures to high. I'm not sure if it completely eliminates it, but for me it has (I haven't tried black cars though). After doing that I haven't seen it anymore. Good luck!
Message 8 of 12 (4,086 Views)

★★ Pro

I can imagine it would be annoying. I am running everything on max minus AO because HBAO gives the most realistic shadows around objects IMHO . I posted a comparison in another forum here some where. Anyways , yes i will defiantly give this a try.Thanks a bunch !.

btw , if ever you have some cinematography videos you are comfortable sharing by all means share the links . I really like that stuff.

Message 9 of 12 (4,080 Views)

★★★ Novice
No problem! I actually just uploaded one today. It was my first time doing cinematography on NFS so it was more of a learning experience; the next one will be a lot better. But here you go! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDEf5Hwn0QI
Message 10 of 12 (4,074 Views)