Re: We need steering wheel support for NFS Payback!

by Cavyman1991

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Guide
https://youtu.be/oofUEmP8sGA

You do the same steps but you only rename file to 1_4.dll this time.
And use x360 x64 version.

PLEASE DO NOT ACCEPT THIS REPLY AS A SOLUTION FOR THIS TOPIC!

Don't be so happy anyway, the input is very lazy.
Message 31 of 55 (2,662 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No you need cluch support. this game was bulit off nfs 2015 they could just move part of game over. i have a wheel and chair setup and dont use it i bought it for standerd driving games and nfs doesnt support it  nfs 2015 or payback you guys really need to get you act together

Message 32 of 55 (2,654 Views)

★ Guide
Cavyman, we all ask for the same thing here on this topic but I'm afraid we are too small for the moment. What we can do more is just share the topic as far as we can. Unless this topic and other topics that ask for improvements aren't spread far enough EA will just act like blind as we are used to know. Especially in this days they are focused on Star Wars franchise regarding the big scandal. And to be honest I feel good to see they struggle but there is a gap... the media is talking only about the SB2 in these days. I also sign the petition and I'm not interested in that game at all but I support fighting against bad manners from game developers and publishers and here is the problem: the fight is only for one game. NFS Payback will continue to ask for money for current shipments and for future DLC contents. And I repeat this: DLC contents are most times just cropped game contents that are introduced later on just to rip off players for more money.
Message 33 of 55 (2,649 Views)

★★★ Novice

In case none of you heard this yet. Tomorrow they give us a game update that supports Logitewch G29 & G920 wheels. I haven't heard if it covers any other wheels.

We also get some new dlc and a few cars.

NFS Payback Deluxe gets it all for free and NFS Payback Sttandard has to buy the dlc, they just get the wheel support for free,

Updates & DLC rollout sometime tomorrow December 19th.

Message 34 of 55 (2,503 Views)

★ Guide
I, (we), heard about the update but until all players can enjoy their wheel hardware in game this post will not have a solution. The 2015 game also had a few official supported wheels but most players can play with others wheels as well. I can play that game using Logitech Momo Racing wheel with a few tweaks on menu settings.

I want to thank you all players who vote this topic and similar topics from other players as well.

Please check my last topic and also other important topics from other users that try to make this game better.
Message 35 of 55 (2,494 Views)

★ Apprentice

Why didn't these guys just tell us they were working on it and it will be coming soon...crazy.

I am lucky enough to have G29...the other wheels will probably come soon also.

Message 36 of 55 (2,467 Views)

★ Guide
Because EA.
To be honest I don't know if there is any other car game in the world who had steering wheel support as an update but... nevermind.
Message 37 of 55 (2,461 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It appears there is is now support for 2 steering wheels...

the Logitech G29 and Logitech G920 

https://wccftech.com/need-for-speed-payback-speedcross/

THAT'S PATHETIC, WHAT ABOUT THRUSTMASTER T300 AND T500?

It's beyond belief they released a racing game without steering wheel support in the first place and now they support 2 wheels.

Someone, please tell me I'm wrong.....PLEASE?

Message 38 of 55 (2,418 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Maybe it was a last minute thought.

It's shocking and to be honest, I'm surprised they don't realize how many customers they are losing, but I bet if you showed them the approx £££'s they are losing, they would soon listen.  

Games like Project Cars 2 and Forza support the majority of wheels from day one, they realise that racing games are best placed with a wheel, then you have EA and Ghost Games...not sure what planet they live on. Maybe they need to have a R&D team to start asking questions to the wider public.

Message 39 of 55 (2,417 Views)

★ Guide
Games you mentioned are more like as simulation racing and this is why, (I guess), the players are set apart in 2 categories: Racing and arcade racing. And this is where the problems are getting started. There are CAR game players like you and me who have enough brain cells to understand any type of CAR game is meant to play with an steering wheel and there are occasional "motherlovers" who say "heeey! an arcade racing is just for gamepad controller".
Message 40 of 55 (2,394 Views)