Re: Wants verses reality

by master2g

Original Post

★★ Pro

@Odyco_Cody3

If i may edit that just a touch cause i agree with most of it my friend.

Guys we need to stop fighting each other and realize our one common goal , helping and getting EA and Ghost to fix some issues with the game.

Message 41 of 45 (372 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice
Dude really your logical fallacies are embarrassing and you sound that your comprehension capacity and conversations capabilities are that of a teenager.
First of all you where saying not to boycott them based on their historical business approach and we have to be patient with patches now you saying that take in consideration their history of patches before making a purchase. You are contradicting yourself . So which should we take in consideration first lol?

Now let me simplify it to you since you don't grasp it.
Second of all, did you miss that ea is a business and being a business is bound by the customer which is where revenue comes from customer buying their product and most of business today in order to have customers need customers service and product support. So welcome to modern world.

Yes I bought in own free will everyone buys a product on own free will what does that mean?
That business should not offer customers service or technical help lol, becuse you buying at free will and thus we should not give product feedback and ask for support.

Guess what everything is bought by free will, but being a business your bound by market rules by business metrics and norms and the most important thing of business is customer feedback which in the end of day makes or brakes your business so get e grip and stop spinning same childish bs of "entitlement" is embarrassing, or if you are that handicaped in how business work go learn what product support and customer service and customer feedback is.

Or go learn how ea was named worst company from customerist magazine twice in row and was forced to change having impacting its marketing image and ultimately revenue . Is called product and customer support and ,that's what patching it is part of.

So if EA pays ghost bills guess where EA revenue comes from and what it means for them and ultimately you as ghost company?
Grow up kid and have a look of how the world works and stop calling your customers "entitled" of customer and product service, becuse that's where your revenue comes from, if they chose to boycott they will lose a game out of many in the over saturated market with games , but you have lost revenue and ultimately will lose your check.
Message 42 of 45 (337 Views)

★★ Pro

@1WhiteWolfALPHA

I have the number to a great eye doctor if you need it my friend. 

:Zipped lips

Message 43 of 45 (275 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

there is a growing trend of big companies releasing unfinished content to make the published release date. EA is not alone in this, as Ubisoft (remember Assassin's Creed Unity?), Microsoft (Forza Horizon 3 and recently Forza Motorsport 7) and a few others are all doing it.

It seems that the companies are using the gaming community as open beta testers, so that they can list of all the complaints and problems and fix them as they're happening in the real world. As a business model this makes some sense, as who is better equipped than the people that love gaming? Of course they're not actually going to admit that's what's happening, because that would be financial suicide, but there does seem to be a pattern emerging now that internet connections are faster and it's getting harder to fit all of the data needed onto a single Blu-Ray disc. Forza 7 is actually 100Gb all told, and you get 50Gb on a single disc, go figure.

As consumers, we have a choice not to pre-order or purchase a game on release, and wait for the "unofficial open beta" to finish before the game is actually fixed to the point of being playable. The consumer does have some rights, and if they pre-order or purchase a game that isn't as advertised, they are entitled to a full refund. However, if after a week or so of playing it, you find that the feature hasn't appeared, and want your money back, you can't, because you've already been using it as it was intended.

So if a feature you wanted isn't in the game at launch, it's your choice whether to get a refund there and then, or carry on playing the game until the feature you want is released. Personally I'd rather a game was released as a finished article, but it seems that the gaming community are the ones getting the rough end of the stick. If I REALLY want a game, I'll happily participate in the "open beta" for a few months. If I can wait though, I'll tend to buy around 3 months after release, as by then it should be pretty much fixed.

TL:DR - You pay your money, you make your choice, you live with the consequences

Message 44 of 45 (258 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@dog8myscreenie

TL:DR - You pay your money, you make your choice, you live with the consequences

Everything you said is valid but that line right there is worth 1000 points my friend. I cant see it any different, I know what EA,s track record is like. I read , watch and see the issue with the games they release regardless of the developer under them so at this point after a long time of repeat "offenses" even if i was living under a rock i know full dam well what to expect from them now. So if i go and buy a game from the person who have repeatably messed up my other game from them at what point do i deserve sympathy and the right to demand or complain ?. Its like taking that cheating girlfriend back a dozen times. Who in their right mind is going to fell sorry for me at that point. I mean on the 12th time its perfectly clear i have not and will not learn and will just keep making the same mistake over and over.

I hate that it has come to this because we all know damn well EA can make some really great stuff as even in payback there is stuff that is awesome and fun and shows there is really great work that can be done but the final over all game always fall short seemly because of time and support. Anyways I have made my point here enough so Im done here Standard smile

So good points my friend well said.

Message 45 of 45 (244 Views)