Re: Vinyl color material bug

by Onesydrouz

Original Post

Vinyl color material bug

★★ Novice

Product: Need for Speed Payback
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug Vinyls dont properly display matte / satin properties. All material types look very glossy, and the smoothness slider seems to do nothing (stuck at full perhaps?).
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Lythoxlol
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 11/05/2017
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 3:00 PM
What is your time zone? GMT (UTC)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take for example a Honda Civic, apply black matte paint, then apply a black/white/whatever color matte vinyl to for example the hood, and see how it is glossy and not matte.
What happens when the bug occurs? The shader displays wrong material properties. If I could make a guess I would think something is wrong with the smoothness setting, or the way the texture overlays the base texture of the car paint, not properly overriding/changing the smoothness map of the material. Something like that.
What do you expect to see? Proper matte look, with no (detailed/sharp) reflections.
Please select your region Europe
Were you connected to other players when the bug occurred? No

Oi,

First of all, I'm loving this game so far! Love the vibes, the city at night, the actual day night cycle, the freeroaming stuff and the customization. Seems to be a step up from 2015, while retaining the Underground 2 elements that we love (customization, open world).

I noticed a rather annoying bug when customizing my car. The vinyl color material selection seems to be broken. I cannot get any type of matte color for my vinyls. Like usually i like to mix and match material types, I would take for example a glossy red car, and put a black matte hood on it. Now it seems impossible to get any type of matte look with vinyls. I understand the graphics for vinyls are not exactly the same as for paint (they are vinyls after all), however, I think it is important to at least be able to get vinyls to look matte. We had this in nfs 2015 too, and I am really pretty convinced this is a bug and not an intended feature.

Message 1 of 4 (1,452 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have the exact same issue. All decals show as gloss no matter how you change texture or advanced settings.
Message 2 of 4 (1,413 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have this problem as well. As a work around I had to paint my car matte black and cover the rest of the body with decals of the actual color I want.

Message 3 of 4 (1,339 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
I also have this issue, I am very frustrated with this game, to be honest.

I loved NFS 2015, why is Payback is riddled with bugs?

I preordered the deluxe edition yet my game does not contain any Volvos, Cuda or GTO Judge.

This game just feels unfinished, I can honestly say i will never preorder another EA game ever again, let alone a Deluxe Edition, get Deluxe edition and lose 4 cars, great.

Fix this mess already or give me my money back, I feel like I have been swindled.
Message 4 of 4 (1,331 Views)