Toyota??

by Celestial_Time

Original Post

Toyota??

★★★ Novice

Well this is kind of sad that we don't have a single Toyota, i believe we need at least these Toyota's in the game.

• Toyota supra 2jz
  • Toyota ae86
  • Toyota celica gt-four st185
  • 1967 Toyota 2000gt
  • Toyota supra tf1

If we could get any Toyota's i would prefer the ones in red, people could recommend others but we need at least 3 Toyota's my opinion.  

Message 1 of 9 (730 Views)

Re: Toyota??

★ Apprentice

Toyota doesn't want its production cars in games anymore, so sadly we won't be seeing cars from Toyota in games. (Nonproduction concept cars will be in games like gt sport and other simulators.)

Message 2 of 9 (708 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Yeah what @adamtguy said. The reason why there are no Toyota's in racing games anymore is purely Toyota's decision. According to Toyota, their cars in racing games are hurting their sales because people prefer to drive theirs cars in game than in real life. Sounds pretty stupid to me, if you ask me. Its very bad marketing on Toyota's part.

Message 3 of 9 (700 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

yup, there are no production Toyota cars in Forza Motorsport, although there are a few race cars etc. I just don't get Toyota's stance on this though. How can cars in video games harm sales in the real world? It makes absolutely no sense, but then I guess that's up to them.

Message 4 of 9 (689 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@dog8myscreenie Its not a legit excuse. Their sales are hurting because they have yet to make an appealing car. They are just trying to find someone to blame but themselves for their lack of appeal. Their hay day is about to be over if they do not get their act together. They renewed the Supra trademark but the concepts of the car are just plain ugly. Its not a Supra.

Message 5 of 9 (668 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Actually you're wrong on the Toyota reason why they kept the cars out.. the old NFS created parts for the Toyota that were specifically similar to Toyota aftermarket body kits... without permission.. same reason Ferrari pulled their cars from the new game.. or was the game hurting their sales too 😂😂😂😂

^^^^THIS GUY IS AN IDIOT AND WHOLE HEARTLY SUPPORTS ANYTHING EA.
Message 6 of 9 (660 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@Odyco_Cody3 Who's the idiot here? Explain why Forza doesn't have Toyota then? The old NFS created parts without their permission? Every need for speed game out there had Toyota up to 2015. Since you don't like to site sources here you go https://www.carthrottle.com/post/y88pl3z/ second paragraph. The whole reason why Ferrari isn't in this game is more than likely a licensing issue. As far as your far fetched reason goes, if it were the case, those manufacturer's could sue EA for that. The manufacturers have to know what is going to be done with their cars. So please enlighten us on your reason and how you came up with it. You're on here just to be antagonistic twords people. If you don't want anything to do with EA, that's your choice but, don't come on here trying to influence people to hate them either. That's not what a forum is for.

Message 7 of 9 (629 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

They were also decided that they were against the appearance of after market modifications on their production cars, which was one of the reasons why Ferrari was a little cagey about NFS previously. They're a little more lenient these days, which is why they allowed the Rocket Bunny mods on the 458 Italia in Forza Horizon, but obviously EA had problems with the licensing. Personally I think NFS Payback has a pretty decent car list, although somewhat restrictive with customisation.

Message 8 of 9 (616 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Don't Worry, Toyota's going to be back. They skipped out on "Hot Pursuit 2010" and came back to appear in "The Run" a year later. So you can choose to call it a loss or not.

Message 9 of 9 (565 Views)