Wat again

by Sorum13

Original Post

To difficult, need a toddler game difficulty.

★★★★★ Newbie

Is their not like an easier mode than "easy" I have tried for about 2 hours now to get through the 1st race and can not? I'm playing on PS4 Pro and without the AI being Dumbed down from their current Dale Earnhart skill level to say a toddler on a tricycle I don't foresee myself getting anywhere in the game. I have not bought the last 3 NFS games because the skill level has gotten to hard for me to be able to beat them. I wish I had just rented the game at Redbox and not purchased it at this point because of the level of frustration I have at the moment.

Game way to difficult.

Done,

Message 1 of 15 (7,554 Views)

Re: To difficult, need a toddler game difficulty.

★★★★ Novice

I agree, it's getting way too hard on some missions (set to Easy) and causing me endless frustration, stopping my progress. There are so many parameters involved (aggressive AI, oncoming traffic, roadside obstacles, missed checkpoints etc), one slip up and it's impossible to recover.

And don't even get me started on those Drift missions...I'm terrible at drifting, so what happens if I can't complete them???

It's a great game but the difficulty level is unfortunately hindering my enjoyment of it.

Here's hoping there will be an upcoming patch which would dumb down the Easy level even further, if not , I might just have to get rid of it.

Message 2 of 15 (7,457 Views)

★★ Novice

Get gud m8

Message 3 of 15 (7,447 Views)
Highlighted

Wat again

★★★ Guide

The your game don't have a menu? Here in PC version we have and is easily to change the lever of difficulty, I play in medium/normal and I'm suffering, ha ha ha! Nerd

Message 4 of 15 (7,443 Views)

★★ Novice

I play on medium and still easily win races. 

Message 5 of 15 (7,407 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the advice but this is more about catering for a wider group including casual racers who still want to experience and have FUN with the game.

I want to progress the story and don't want to get so frustrated that I feel like throwing my controller at the screen!!! Also, I don't have all the time in the world to spend on gaming and keep retrying.

Hardcore racers can dial up the difficulty but some of us struggling are hoping for an easier level than the current "Easy" mode.

So, EA/Ghost if you are listening, please consider including a new, even easier level for casual racers, we would very much appreciate it.

Message 6 of 15 (7,406 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I honnestly tought you we're trolling around and then I saw another replies...

Don't take it wrong but.. NFS an hard game ? Nah, played on medium and not even lost 1 game due to the difficulty (but lost due to my mistakes).

Message 7 of 15 (7,391 Views)

★ Guide

Agree with TS here. I play after working for an hour  or so. Would like to see the opponent scaling on easy a bit nerfed. My 399 Ford racer isn't a sure way for success (far from is...). Really takes the need for upgrading if opponents scale the way they do now.

Message 8 of 15 (7,313 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

If you are referring to the game intro sequence with "1st race" where you first drive the Skyline, the off road Bel Air, the M5 and finally the Regera the AI is actually rubberbanded in a way where you are supposed to be in the last place. 

Keep in mind that every "set piece" mission where you have these cinematic cutscenes, big jumps, explosions etc. with just a few exceptions it actually doesn't matter for your progression if you are in the last place or not. The final cutscene will play regardless of your position once you reach the trigger.
Another thing to keep in mind that Need For Speed is infamous for it's rubberband AI. This means that for the first half of the race it's quite difficult to keep up with the lead car, on third quarter rubberbanding eases up, allowing you to catch up to the lead and on easy/medium difficulty for the final quarter all the AI cars slow down significantly to allow you to pull off that spectacular last second win on the last straight before goal. It actually does this like clockwork on every race except on ones where your final standing won't matter, there the AI just does what it is programmed to do.

I understand we all have different skill levels and I in no way intend to sound like your experience is just a matter of "git gud" but once I figured out this thing about AI and the set piece races I won every race on Medium difficulty with significant leads all the way till end credits. Just keep the basic racing line, concentrate and don't pay any attention to the AI racers. You will catch up eventually. 

Message 9 of 15 (7,300 Views)

★ Apprentice

Try upgrading your cars, I play on hard and only switch it to easy on offroad and drag.

Message 10 of 15 (7,234 Views)