TAA graphical grain issues in game.

by master2g

Original Post

TAA graphical grain issues in game.

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

So finally I was able to get time to give payback a go. Right off the bat I had issues with TAA giving me a grainy fine over lay effect. When i move the camera around I see simmering from that effect . It almost looks like some very faint fine lines as well over the vegetation. So I tried 3 different drivers and other but it still happens . When I turn TAA off and used FXAA it goes away but FXAA just doesn't cure the poor AA on the distance view as it look bad with out TAA. I am going to try a few more things but wonder if any one else is seeing this grainy " does not look good at all " effect as well ?

Message 1 of 5 (882 Views)

Re: TAA graphical grain issues in game.

★★★★★ Apprentice
Yes it has a grain effect that was also present in the previous nfs (the previous nfs looked blurry all the time imho) it is less pronounced in this game, i think its something to do whit it getting a movie like look afaif
Message 2 of 5 (859 Views)

★★ Pro

Its not a great effect. I remember the film grain effect in 2016 NFS but this is just causing all the land related textures / surfaces to shimmer badly and gives annoying artifact over the looks of the game. Frown

Message 3 of 5 (834 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

i agree but still doesnt bother me as much as performance. it is waaaaay better after the update but still needs optimising in some city police chases and races. at least the 1 second lags are gone

Message 4 of 5 (817 Views)

★★ Pro

Using reshade and Nvidia control panel has help a bit but its still there. I really think the AA in the game certainly needs some tweaking.

Message 5 of 5 (788 Views)