Re: Story/Custom

by GK3512

Original Post

Story/Custom

★★★★ Pro

Will EA make a NFS without Custom/Story in the future?Just a pure cop vs racer as the main feature of the product.It's been 9 years since HP2010(last NFS without both story and custom)Early NFS lack both feature and were still fun.So If there's a chance EA makes a classic style game in the future?And maybe EA can consider alter all 3 styles between future titles rather than keep custom as a core feature,so they may stop losing classic era fans?

Message 1 of 7 (787 Views)

★★★ Pro
@GK3512 I agree man thats why EA should hire a second studio, since it seems too me that Ghost Games .Has no interest in making a NFS game without tuning, and thats quite sad since they where into something with Rivals. So i hoped that would go even back too the roots, but no they took a steep back with 15 and payback. There is no way too please both side of the community with one game only, thats why we need two diffrent games from two studios.
Message 2 of 7 (759 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Pro
@BVBgamer88 Rivals was mainly a Criterion version of HP4 with Ghost added story and visual custom as a main feature(As Marcus of Ghost said during an interview about Rivals)
Message 3 of 7 (746 Views)

★★★★ Pro
Normally,as all 25 years of NFS showed.The major style change will happen after 6 main titls.UG1 cementing custom style,then Shift/HP2010 altering different style other than story,then Rivals/2015 began the age of Ghost games reboot joke,so 6 games after 2015 normally means a change,or more to my way-the end.
Message 4 of 7 (741 Views)

★★★ Pro
@GK3512 No its oppsite Criterion assisted Ghost on Rivals, since that was their first game. But yeah they used the burnout engine, for me Rivals isent directly High Stakes. But they used the best from the cop chases in HS, so if you will High Stake on steroids. But anyways biggest mistake they did was open world, NOS and stupid weapons.
Message 5 of 7 (735 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@BVBgamer88 Crterion stick to the Burnout style,so NOS is a standard thing.Open World itself isnt too bad,however,the high tense non-stop chase makes you cant enjoy the world by yourself.But I agree weapons are too much even compared to HP2010.
Message 6 of 7 (730 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Classic systems were simple because computers couldn't handle more complex game mechanics. The same thing can be said with something as simple a ADS (aim down sights) in a fps game. It wasn't that the developers wanted to design a game where you couldn't aim down your sights, its that it slowed performance down because it was to taxing. Maybe some people want simple games, there are always mobile games. Most are much simpler than current platforms or PC. I enjoy the tuning, although I prefer Forza Horizons system where you can upgrade and tune a car out of the box rather than the gambling luck of the draw system need for speed uses or the leveling upgrade The Crew uses. But at the end of the day, I would rather have the perk cards than nothing at all.  

Message 7 of 7 (685 Views)