Re: Steering wheel compatibility

by elbiggus

Original Post

Re: Wheel Support for Need for Speed Payback

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Really absurd. I got the same problem and the bad fill... I sit on my wheels and to my surprise a drive game title without wheels.. this is ridiculous. Never gonna buy this series again. This game was my first race game back 199x... really a big deception.

Mgondim

Message 121 of 284 (2,282 Views)

Re: Need of Speed: Payback race wheels

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Sorry to say that Payback is the last NFS I got,EA. Sad to see how the game develops downhill every release. Obviously there is no will to learn from past mistakes.

I grew up with this title and spent good hours of gaming both alone and together with friends. As i mentioned before... NFS was the trigger to fell in love with racing games in the 90s and also to start buying steering wheels and push the Immersion more and more.

I would ask for refund if I hadnt got my key by a 3rd party reseller. So for this time keep my money and be happy. definitely the last time. See it as donation to the former big name NFS :*

Good bye NFS! Lets hope that the Crew 2 will fill up the hole by devlivering a proper arcade tuning racer WITH Wheel support.

See ya all on the other digital roads out there.

Keep the clean driving up peps!

bye

PS: I know that EA is not caring about my leave.... Wink

Message 122 of 284 (1,452 Views)

Re: Need of Speed: Payback race wheels

★ Apprentice
I too have been playing this game since the beginning. Back when there were still dashboards. High stakes in the '90 was the last one, I think. Never really understood why they chose to part from that. Seeing that countless other games did deliver an experience from inside the car. But OK, no problem, I can live with that.

What I cannot understand nor can live with, is no steering wheel support. First rivals, for which I actually bought a wireless Xbox360 wheel on Amazon, that I connected to my pc via one of those receivers. EA never responded to our complaints, and I loved the game. So what else was I going to do? I thought it a brain fart on EA's side. And a fluke.

With 2015 there was no initial support. But knowing EA and their policy of releasing half finished games, it was corrected after (quite) a while. So everybody happy in the end. So nobody really liked the fist-bumping or the "bra-talk". But the graphics were great and the game was nice.

Now we are in the present. For the first time in my life (yes I know it's long, since I actually played the first need for speed when it came out) I pre-ordered a game. Not for a discount, but to be sure I had it on the date of release. I normally think is nonsense to do that, for its only to line the companies pockets before the release. But I wanted a copy.

I have seen a lot of advertisements with a Logitech 920 wheel. So I could only assume there was support. I have a G29, but that couldn't be a problem, since it's not that old.
There actually are advertisements in game, with Logitech. I have seen deals were when you bought a wheel you would get a free copy of payback.

But there is no steering wheel support.... In one of the oldest end most successful game franchises in the world. Much older than battlefield or battlefront. And once again EA would not tell us. Before or after the release. They will not tell us what's in store in the foreseeable future. This is downright elitist behavior. "we peasants have no need to know". And once more, you have lost a loyal customer. I'm not gonna ask for a refund, instead I'm gonna consider this a hard lesson learned. So every time I feel an urge to buy a EA game, I'll remember this. AND I WILL PIRATE IT INSTEAD..
Not any other company. Only EA.

Maybe if enough of us would actually do this, then maybe EA would fall of their high horse and start listening to it's customers.

Shame it has to come to this. But what goes around..... Eventually will come around EA.
Message 123 of 284 (1,405 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

First let me say that EA should be boycotted for not providing wheel support for a racing game in 2017!!!  If I did not get this game for free, I would not be wasting my time!  However, I did find that the excellent 360 emulator from Github worked great for Payback!  I NOW HAVE WHEEL CONTROL for my Logitech GT!!!  I did this some time ago for Rivals.  Go to https://github.com/x360ce/x360ce and download the latest version for your system (32 or 64bit).  I used version 3.2.8.77 with all of the default options (running Windows 7 Pro - 64bit, NFS bought through Origin).  Read the page carefully so you don't miss a step.  This is an excellent emulator, but not necessarily user friendly.  I can't guarantee proper answers, but if you have questions, I'll do my best to answer them and go into more detail as to what I did.
Message 124 of 284 (1,190 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I hate EA - Even their message board is buggy.!!! 

First let me say that EA should be boycotted for not providing wheel support for a racing game in 2017!!! If I did not get this game for free, I would not be wasting my time!  However, I did find that the excellent 360 emulator from Github worked great for Payback!  I NOW HAVE WHEEL CONTROL for my Logitech GT!!!  I did this some time ago for Rivals.  Go to https://github.com/x360ce/x360ce and download the latest version for your system (32 or 64bit).  I used version 3.2.8.77 with all of the default options (Windows 7 Pro 64bit, game purchased with Origin).  Read the page carefully so you don't miss a step.  This is an excellent emulator, but not necessarily user friendly.  I can't guarantee proper answers, but if you have questions, I'll do my best to answer them and go into more detail as to what I did.

Message 125 of 284 (1,465 Views)

Ha ha sad

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

"Are you guys driving your cars with keyboard/mouse, ps4 or xbox controllers over at EA?" the best comment of this year.

And about the cockpit, a mod resolved.

Message 126 of 284 (1,569 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice
I agree with you OP but this game is arcade and far from being a driving simulator game. Perhaps that's the logic behind not making compatible.
In my opinion also the view is unnecessary and the mod like terrible.
Ea makes arcade games in order to capture market with casual customers.
If you want a simulator game get a proper game.
Message 127 of 284 (1,578 Views)

Hm ¬¬

★★★ Guide

Your opinion is unnecessary too underground widow, true NfS Fans loves the Golden Era since 1994 until 2000.

Message 128 of 284 (1,562 Views)

★★ Novice

Just wanted to add my voice to the "no wheel, no buy" chorus. Downloaded the trial, discovered I had to use a controller, and uninstalled it before I got to the first checkpoint. Reviews suggest the game's not all that good, but I'd be quite happy just driving around and ignoring the story...

(Also, as an aside, I'm getting annoyed by games that dump you straight into the action the first time you launch them with no chance to adjust any settings or anything beforehand.)

Message 129 of 284 (1,460 Views)

★★★ Newbie

playing on ps4 on hard mode doing silver six race mission and Wow can they add any more traffic . This could be a lot different  with a wheel. Plus this is a lv 209 i am at lv 244 and still having trouble catching the 2 cars in front of me.

Message 130 of 284 (1,539 Views)