Re: Spring Forum Event - Showoff an image of your slickest ride here!

by PegasusGW

Original Post

★★★ Novice

hope you like em.....just eat everyone lol!

Message 31 of 90 (1,477 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey ! I take my chance to participate too.

Well, watch that !

BMW M3 E30 "73 DTM style"

M3-001.jpg0082.jpgM3-cops.jpg

Volvo Amazon P130 "No ID"

0028.jpg0029.jpg

Honda Civic Type R "Rainbow Pink"

0112.jpg0107.jpg

Ford Mustang GT 1965 "Le Monstre"

0065.jpg0062.jpg0061.jpg0063.jpg

Mercedes G-63 AMG "Camo Purple"

0093.jpg

Dodge Charger R/T 1969 "Soft Light"
0092.jpg

*Bonus* BMW X6 "Bling-Bling Golden"
0001.jpg0006.jpg0007.jpg

Message 32 of 90 (1,472 Views)

★★★ Guide

I already posted this story in a similar thread at GTPlanet.net, but for those of you who haven't seen it, I hope you enjoy!:

Scott McFarland approached Twisted Mettle to help him resurrect a 1970 Volvo Amazon that had belonged originally to his grandfather, and his father after that. Scott is the third generation owner of Scotty's Courier Service. His grandfather started the business in 1970 with a new Amazon. Times got tough after his father took over, as modern technology greatly reduced the need for couriers. Recently however, things have picked up again with the onset of ride-share services such as Uber and Lyft. Now in addition to carrying supplies and packages, Scott hauls people around Fortune Valley as well. And after landing a fat contract with Silver Rock Medical Group, Scott wanted to use some of his new-found financial success to spruce up his brand image. Thus, the old Volvo got a facelift.

0017.jpg

Twisted Mettle kept the original beige color, but added a tartan-patterned wrap to the upper part of the car. Some people have commented that it looks like a picnic basket. But getting people talking is exactly what Scott was aiming for. He now has an unmistakable image traveling around Silver Rock.

0018.jpg

Rather than take the easy route with the wrap, which would be to simply follow the chrome body side molding from front to back, Twisted Mettle curved the wrap to flow with the upper style line and meet up with the head lamps and tail lamps in an interesting way. It gives the car the illusion of gripping the road, not unlike a person's hand claw-gripping a computer mouse.

0015.jpg

Other touches were to shave the bumper and grille guards off and remove the round auxiliary lamps off the rear to give the car a sleeker look. Of course, Scotty's needs to reach clients and deliver those goods in a hurry, so upgrades were also made to the drive train. Rav of Twisted Mettle added a throttle body fuel injection system to increase fuel mileage, responsiveness and reliability. Output was increased to 201 Hp, not a lot by most standards, but plenty to get the job done efficiently. Disc brakes, new suspension and exhaust completed the overhaul, mechanically speaking.

The last pictures here are vintage retro shots that were taken for a recent magazine article. Like father, like grandfather, Scotty is having the time of his life with the Volvo and loves driving around his home town for a living. With no signs of business slowing down, look for the Amazon buzzing by a location near you, on a mission and on a roll.

0003.jpg

0004.jpg

Message 33 of 90 (1,465 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Here's my mandatory Regera, plus one of my normal ride that I took a few months ago.

Message 34 of 90 (1,458 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Need for Speed™ Payback_20180313230911.jpg

This is my custom Skyline R34, with a sweet surprise in the back!

Need for Speed™ Payback_20180313223510.jpg

That is, that its got a carbon fiber trunk lid (Took a good while to get perfect). With a set of vinyls accompanying the rear tail-lights.

Thought the sharp vinyls made it look more Godzilla-ish (lol).

Here are the rest of the cool-film style shots i got:

Need for Speed™ Payback_20180313232622.jpg

Need for Speed™ Payback_20180313233543.jpg

Need for Speed™ Payback_20180313231927.jpg

Need for Speed™ Payback_20180313234345.jpg

Message 35 of 90 (1,455 Views)

★★ Novice
I present my Ford Mustang
Message 36 of 90 (1,421 Views)

★★ Pro

Some really cool styles here. See this is why I say having the ability in payback to do this is great. It allows us to share our diverse styles through a common car interest. 

@Jabberwocky79

That was really cool. I love how you gave the car character by writing a cool story / back history for it. I think the same way .

I call my virtual Payback garage 2gPerformance . " We specialize in all forms of customization and racing."

Message 37 of 90 (1,408 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@Jabberwocky79, thx for appreciating, i forgot to post a pic of my fifth fairlaidy wich is one of my favourite (i just uploaded it ) and i'm upgrading a M4 these days , hope to meet you in the game. or maybe did we already?

Message 38 of 90 (1,395 Views)

★★★ Guide

@master2g

Thanks for the compliment! Do you have a logo for 2gPerformance?  - I created an in-game logo for Twisted Mettle Designs... In fact, it has evolved several times. I'll have to upload better pictures of it soon.

@Merrci

I don't care for Multiplayer, so I'm sure we haven't met online. But keep uploading cool pics!

Message 39 of 90 (1,355 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Guys, its a good idea to open these images in a new tab (in case you wanna see a car more clearly). You can see them in its original size. Some of you may know that already.
Message 40 of 90 (1,350 Views)