Re: Remasting all the classic Need for Speed games from 90s

by BVBgamer88

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Remasting all the classic Need for Speed games from 90s

★★★ Pro

I think EA should remaster all the old NFS games from the 90s, since it is after all NFS 25th anniversery this year. And since those games are so old i think they desverve that, mostly because the outdated graffic. But also the online part needs too be updated etc, if EA just could do that then i would not care about this years NFS game. Anyway i loved when NFS was all about supercars and you needed your skills too win, if you guys dont belive me check this out:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLEd0wUavtU

Message 1 of 11 (1,702 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Pro
@BVBgamer88 Disrespect classic NFS is the biggest reason I want NFS2019 flops and forces EA shut down GG/Kill NFS series as a whole.Pubs/Devs show no respect for their own history shouldnt be allowed to continue the series.First Burnout has been forced to demise,now NFS is the follower,I'd love to see how EA continue the series over 24th game(6 games a circle,ends with 24th)Or more realistically-How EA kill NFS as a whole with one shot-NFS2019

View in thread

Message 11 of 11 (1,702 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice

I would like to see remastered NFS games, on a new engine with new textures/animations. I don't want an update original that looks and runs like *. Just look at the Quake 2 RTX to see that, *. 

Message 2 of 11 (1,667 Views)

★★ Expert

@BVBgamer88 

What a fantastic topic you have generated for the community.

My personal opinion is that I agree with you on your post.

I would like to add that EA should do the first five games and package it together for one special price. 

I am very certain EA is currently focused another failed game for 2019.

Mark my words and wait for the complaints once the new game is released.☑️🤔

Have a wonderful day.

Message 3 of 11 (1,659 Views)

★★ Expert

@Volt615 

I agree textures and animations would have to be relavent and not look outdated.

Even though I still enjoy my old versions of the first five games on my Play Station.

I would like to wait and see how much the next Play station system will cost.

I read that system is due out in 2020.

Source is on the their website.

As for the remastered Versions of N.F.S. if this is to happen, our community would really have to hammer EA demanding to see this produced for us fans of Retro Gaming.

Contacting EA might help too but if EA ignores us.

Well then all we can do is enjoy our older games for now. 

The computer technology is way advanced since the release of the N.F.S. came out originally.

So graphics should not be a problem.

Have a great day 👍😁

Message 4 of 11 (1,656 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@BVBgamer88 Judging by Burnout Paradise Remaster,old games,if they will be remastered,will be buggy and unplayable in the end.Also,considering EA already treat custom/cop as the core of NFS with a rubbish story.Classic style cannonball run NFS are not what EA considering as NFS now.Thus they may totally let go of classic style.So both old classic remasters and new classic style games wont happen thanks to the then successful UG-MW era.EA show no respect to classic and its players.So they wont care what classic fans want or need.
Message 5 of 11 (1,636 Views)

★★★ Pro
@BLVD69 No problem man, i felt a thread like this was needed here. For us older NFS fans we must dare too voice our oppinion, not just on youtube but also here at the forums. If we really want a classic canonball style NFS, we cant just let this Gen Z rule the forums. PS: i preciate all your comments soo far, lets see if we can, get this thread even more attension.
Message 6 of 11 (1,590 Views)

★★ Expert

@BVBgamer88 

Yes I fully support you in keeping this thread moving forward. 

We should speak up even if no one at EA takes us seriously.

I think the more content we create the better chance of getting more people involved hopefully. 

Have a great day and take care. 👍😁

Message 7 of 11 (1,583 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@BVBgamer88 No NFS has ever gotten the real remaster entry in the whole 25 years history.And since EA is lazy with licenses and changes.It will be hard for them to let go of the rebooted ricer style games and go back to the root of cannonball fever.Because if they do so,custom and cars are the core of NFS becomes a lie.And another reason classic style is forgotten is because the instant success of UG-MW era.Since 2015 reboot cementing the instant success the legit NFS style.EA let go of the real root because to EA,classic fans arent as much as ricer fans.And more fans means more money,and more money is what EA really pursuits.EA never listen to the full fanbase,so the only way we see classic style return as a remaster or new game is NFS2019 fails completely and NFS as a whole series isnt killed off
Message 8 of 11 (1,571 Views)

★★ Expert

@GK3512 

Well your point of view on EA only caring about the money is correct.

I agree EA is lazy and most likely we as older fans won't ever see remastered First five games in the series.

N.F.S. has been turned upside down on it's head for some time now.

Frankly the game is not even close to being original anymore!

Payback is a prime example of total scripted nonsense to turn a fast dollar for EA & Ghost Studios.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about this topic. 

Have a good day.👍😁

Message 9 of 11 (1,504 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Pro
@GK3512 I know that but than Ben walker shouldent go out public, and state that customazion is the beating heart of NFS. So thats EAs own fault i think they are pissing on their old games, not to forget Rom Di prisco and all those artists that made the music. But that is what pisses me of that EA dont respect us older NFS fans, we have been here since the start. We also deserve too be heard not just the ricergeneration. Yeah but in the 90s EA made fun of the ricers with the HS trailer, so they are kind of hypocrite nowadays.
Message 10 of 11 (1,373 Views)