Re: Reddit:SpeedTalk: What Atmosphere Would You Like to See?

by GK3512

Original Post

Highlighted

★★★★ Pro

It's EA refuse to do it.While I blame Ghost for the dark setting of Rivals,the real one to blame behind this is EA itself.EA try too hard to make UG success once again like in 2003 with the help of FF stupid movies.And they did it in 2015 with the help of internet famous tuner like RWB/Magnus Walker.Ghost doesnt have anything to do with the setting or the name.EA takes over everthing important ever since Criterion run wild for 2 times(Especially Burnout MW)So EA wont bring back classic HP style,and sadly because Ghost must do what EA says,they cant bring classic NFS back again.Maybe Never.

Message 11 of 21 (680 Views)

★★★ Pro
@GK3512 Too be honest i dont think they wold ever do that, Ghost is too big fan of the street race trend. That is why EA should hire a second studio,because then they could goo back too the 90s. And make a game based on those games etc Hot Pursuit,High Stakes, you get my picture man. Anyway i think we can agree on ,that NFS need too go back too the roots.
Message 12 of 21 (667 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Like I said Ghost is just an employee.They make what EA wants,not what they wants.If anyone is too keen on Tuner/Ricer scene is EA.But go back to classic NFS means EA has to let go of custom and story and action and almost everthing other than cars and cops in the 2 rebirth NFS.And that's a big price EA refuse to pay to get classic fans like u and me back.Ghost even with talanted Criterion stuffs,is still hopeless.The 3 games they made all have major problem that can hurt long time fans:Bugs No-Pause Story Custom in Rivals(Which is Criterion's HP4 originally)Always Online Tuner/Ricer style Custom as THE CORE NFS in 2015(Which hurts classic fans of Cannonball Run era)Slot Machine and Action Movie style and more Custom in Payback(Which totally throw classic NFS away like 2019 may will be)But EA's idea of lure so called Golden Age fans back with a new MW2019 after exactly 7 years is cementing the death of classic NFS.Custom and Cops in a messy city is core of NFS now.And the only way to maybe get classic style back is NFS2019 flop and EA decides not to kill NFS as a series.Then maybe,just maybe,Classic NFS will come back to save the whole name like Criterion did with HP2010

Message 13 of 21 (662 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@GK3512 not saying its fully back its getting there i liked the pb and nfs not like the first once but also nostalgia plays big role in that , but ilike where its going in comparison to rivalry and all that i dont pay attention to the story or anyhting i just like upgrading cars and stuff it's aight im just glad the customization is back and vinyls
Message 14 of 21 (641 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@BVBgamer88 i agree that it needs to go bakc but as i said i like where its going its slowly coming back\
Message 15 of 21 (640 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@K0lxozn1k_TTV However,custom is not a core feature in original NFS,and ever since Black Box took over,custom feature always comes in a story-led NFS games(UG1-UC and the rubbish The Run)Even reboot joke NFS2015 has a story while focusing on urban car culture and cutom
Message 16 of 21 (577 Views)

★★★★ Novice

for me nfs ug was about upgrading cars and customizing it however I wanted I liked the races too. I didn't even understand the story and plot of the game I played for joy raced and customized could spend hours and hours customizing to be on the fron page of the fake journals and stuff

Message 17 of 21 (558 Views)

★★★★ Novice

whats core feature of the nfs in your opinion ? 

Message 18 of 21 (557 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@K0lxozn1k_TTV NFS started as Cannonball Run in games world.So supercar on a twisty mountain road with cops behind your tail and a big prize long race is what I treat as core of NFS.Hot Rod culture was the core of MCO and never return.And so-called golden age is just a hero of its time for the FF film mania.So when 2015 made custom the core feature of NFS/And this article remains that way.It is just pathetic to see EA forget it's history and F the classic fans hard
Message 19 of 21 (540 Views)

★★★★ Novice

idk I always noticed that NFS core was customization part, many people loved nfsu1,2 not because of the story line, races were simple. For me it was about customization

Message 20 of 21 (513 Views)