Re: Payback, Spend Real Cash For Goodies or I.G.C.?

by iwannabesedated1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Payback, Spend Real Cash For Goodies or I.G.C.?

★★ Expert

Payback has many goodies you can buy with real cash, Do you like this option or wish the whole game was I.G.C. instead? 

Please respond in your own words to make clear to all what works best for your style of game play? 

Message 1 of 13 (2,393 Views)

Accepted Solution

If it is an 18+ age game I would be less against this, but real cash for digital stuff should be banned in games for under 18"s.But wait I don't think there are any over 18 games anymore ???? Films are the same, only childish garbage is being made for the easy to get money out of,,,,everything is being dumbed down for the endless targetting of the young by greedy companies today, And dont get me started on music and fashon.

As a parent you would not want a man to pop into the room with your kids everytime you left to do something. This man tells your kids without you knowing that they can download these goodies for only 1 dollar. The advertising in the game is speaking to your kids telling them that it is only 1 dollar it does not matter, " buy this,,,shhhhh dont tell mum and dad it is our little secret". Mum and dad only find out after the company sends them a bill for 600 dollars for upgrade ingame digital guns, cars, etc.

They are teaching kids nowadays that getting into debt is normal, fun etc.Losing is bad,,,you have to upgrade to be a winner or your friends will laugh at you.

View in thread

Message 2 of 13 (2,375 Views)

All Replies

If it is an 18+ age game I would be less against this, but real cash for digital stuff should be banned in games for under 18"s.But wait I don't think there are any over 18 games anymore ???? Films are the same, only childish garbage is being made for the easy to get money out of,,,,everything is being dumbed down for the endless targetting of the young by greedy companies today, And dont get me started on music and fashon.

As a parent you would not want a man to pop into the room with your kids everytime you left to do something. This man tells your kids without you knowing that they can download these goodies for only 1 dollar. The advertising in the game is speaking to your kids telling them that it is only 1 dollar it does not matter, " buy this,,,shhhhh dont tell mum and dad it is our little secret". Mum and dad only find out after the company sends them a bill for 600 dollars for upgrade ingame digital guns, cars, etc.

They are teaching kids nowadays that getting into debt is normal, fun etc.Losing is bad,,,you have to upgrade to be a winner or your friends will laugh at you.

Message 2 of 13 (2,376 Views)

★★ Pro

Put all the real cash sales they want in a game but don't under anyway what so ever use it to hinder game progression like they did with speed cards. I bought all the dlc cars and felt they were all worth every penny. I felt this because they were never promised as a paid future add on to the game. Preordering got you other stuff and there was never mention of these dlc cars until they were released. I wasn't promised them but offered them so i said sure why not. They have more customizing options then others cars and everything so yes 5 bucks Canadian a dlc car was worth it. So there is an example of a in game real cash purchase item that never hinder game progression . Sadly the dame speed cards ruined the dlc cars. So yeah put in extra items that we can pay real cash for but don't do it they way the have been lately because there is way better ways to sell it and if its well worth money it will sell itself with out having to force it via hindering game progression or related.

Message 3 of 13 (2,344 Views)

★★ Expert

@iwannabesedated1 

Hello, Thank you for your reply.

I found much of what your saying 100% valid on how the gaming industry aims there advertisements towards the kids to early brainwashing.

As a parent I'm sure you get tired of the nonsense you see being aimed at your kids through all forms of media and how insensitive advertisers are as a whole industry.

I agree kids should not be taught to go into debt just to be a winner in life.

I also agree with you that as parents you gotta keep a close eye on the kinds of media your kids have access too.

Parents also need to  make sure the kids don't put you in debt for items they cant pay for.

Again thank you for your views as they are well received by me. 

Have a great day.

Message 4 of 13 (2,330 Views)

★★ Expert

@master2g

Thank you for your very good reply.

I agree if EA or any game company is going to add DLC cards, should be done without hindering kid players! 

However, like the former customer said in this forms, much of the DLC is aimed at kids and parents get stuck with unexpected bills.

DLC works fine for adults playing the game because they are old enough to choose whats right for them, but children don't think things through and are more emotional based.

Game stimula has been proven by the dopamine in the brain to be elevated through media that excites the brain like video games. 

My point is we have to realize kids are kids and they order things that can be hundreds of dollars in bills to there parents if the parents don't keep a close eye on there kids.

As for adults DLC should be an option that either works for them or is  not acceptable in there game play style.

Thank you for your very well spoken and written answer and i enjoyed reading all of it.

All XP is from me to you.

Have a blessed Day. 

Message 5 of 13 (2,325 Views)

[ Edited ]

The games are getting worse because of the endless targetting of kids by the games companies, if they don''t change they will destroy the industry. The new Forza 4  is dumbed down so much for the kids it looks like they are gonna ruin the franchise, adlults feel left out and a lot are angry about the direction that the games are going in...You see  the bright colours of candy in the game, stupid childish avatars,,stupid clothes to buy etc...All the games are being "kiddied up", no challenge anymore, everyone wins even if they are last. This is mental.

I was playing NFS The Run last evening at my mates house, I feel as an adult that I can play and enjoy the game and I do enjoy it,,it is fun and not too kiddy,,,it is challenging to play too.

EA made a big mistake with Payback, they targeted the kids too much and ended up making an irritating, childish game that adults get bored with.But it is no where near as childish as the new Forza game looks.

I was looking forward this time last year to 3 new racing games coming out....Payback, The Crew 2 and Forza 4,,,not one of these games seem to be worth anywhere near the asking price, none worked on launch, and all 3 games seem to have disappointed lots of older gamers because the games companies are targetting the kids too much..Then they add micro transactions into a kid targetted game,,,totally wrong !!

Message 6 of 13 (2,300 Views)

★★ Expert

@iwannabesedated1 

Absolutely!

I agree with you and wanted to add some further points to only enhance your excellent reply.

Yes, just like you said many of the new games looking very childish and are mental with everyone's a winner even if your last place mentality.

Just when we thought the world was only going to heck in a handbasket, now our entertainment in games is going down in intelligence as well! 

The New Crew 2 game and Forza 4 look like heaping endless waste of time to even play!

I have friends who bought the Crew 2 and the same problems occur on MP lobbies with black screens and major lag in races.

The folks who were in the Beta I know told me the game was going to be nothing more than a inflated hyped up rehash of the first game with a new story line & some new vehicle's.

Airplanes and Boats don't belong in a real racing game and cheesy story lines have just made games get dumber and dumber! 

It's almost like some Hollywood  B-Side Script writer was hired for the Video game industry to create stupid unintelligent stories for games!  LOL 

Also, I very much as an adult agree with your fine points on the Micro Transactions destroying the Kids and giving parents fits over larger bills that are unexpected on the Credit Card!

I do Agree too that EA has been making a mess out of the NFS Franchise when creating Payback!

Payback has its moments of fun but also has this annoying story and ripping off Fast & Furious Script! 

I don't understand EA's thinking in such a weak Story Script, or if Vin Diesel himself contacted EA for the Idea....Most likely Not in my opinion! 

EA & Ghost Studios need a stronger mature concept for the next NFS Game.

EA always promise's  the moon every time a new game is to be released, but only ends up  in disaster! 

I agree with you Game companies are teaching the kids to be trendy &  to go broke doing it is not what our kids need to be learning! 

I agree video game companies in some cases have over stepped there boundaries with the kids in that they brainwash them into a type of mind set to be cool while going bankrupt! 

That is what I find annoying and unintelligent with the gaming industry as a whole! 

I'd say it's nothing more then inflated egos and bad manners the Game companies are teaching kids, and even some adults I have raced against act like kids.  LOL 

Well thank you again and I gave you more XP so please return the favor if you endorse my reply.

Take care and add me as a friend please.

Peace! 

Message 7 of 13 (2,275 Views)

[ Edited ]

This micro transactions thing means that it is really not safe to leave your children unattended with a game nowadays, you would not wanna leave them with a person who tried to talk them into gambeling and a game that tries to do the same is just as bad.  It is a terrible enditement against  the games companies, they cannot be trusted with your kids and that is the sad truth.

In this corrupt day and age the shareholders and the directors of companies are more important than children are.And so is money, money is more important than anything, even the well being of young vulnerable people who fall for these micro transaction scams in games that are glorified as meer fun.

Gambeling addictions can end in suicide,  but games companies today could not give a f**k, all they care about is MONEY ! MONEY ! MONEY !

Message 8 of 13 (2,263 Views)

★★ Pro

Do a bit a research about EA vs countries laws. EA has pretty much proven their "greed" by standing firm against removing these transactions from games even when a full government of a country tells them its not legal in their laws. When a company stubbornly defends this type of in game uselessness then that to me speaks volumes about what they really care about.

https://www.windowscentral.com/ea-wont-remove-fifa-19-microtransactions-belgium-executives-could-fac...

Message 9 of 13 (2,242 Views)

[ Edited ]

Too many new games seem to be showing children that gambeling is fun, it is very dangerous this path. They are getting people used to seeing the machines in the games so they will accept them and think that it is normal, it is a mind  trick.The new Forza game does it, every race begins and ends seeing a gambeling screen, spins give a player useless clothes etc, they are getting people ready to gamble while playing...But first the games companies will have to pay the politicians off to let them do it.

It would be nice to see the directors of games companies thrown into prison for this, but the politicians are too chicken to take them on.

Message 10 of 13 (2,209 Views)