Overall bad performance with high-end build

★★★★ Novice

I have the following setup:

- Zotac Amp Extreme! 1080Ti 11gb

- AMD Ryzen 7 1700

- 16gb Gskill TridentZ 3200mhz

- Gigabyte GA-B350-Gaming 3

- EVGA 850W PSU (Platinum rating)

No matter what settings I choose, the game stutters every now and then, and performance is very inconsistent across all areas,  but specially when passing trough a tunnel. I have tried going all the way from 4k to 1080p, but the stuttering remais. It's worth noting that every other game I play works just fine, it's not a problem with my PC.

I also have nVidia 388.13 driver installed and windows 10 updated to fall creator's update.

Please, fix performance on this game. I like it, but it's barely playable on it's current state, even with high-end hardware.

Message 1 of 8 (473 Views)

Re: Overall bad performance with high-end build

Hi, @rainerlcf

I think you're experiencing an isolated problem on your PC because I am able to play on max settings on 1080P output with a GTX 1060 6GB. The only thing I can think of is another program running alongside your game taking up some resources from your GPU.

Please try to run your game in clean boot mode to see if this is the case.

Message 2 of 8 (458 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It may be an isolated problem, but I wouldn't bet on it. It's running on a clean install from windows (just formated my system to update to Fall Creator's update) and everything else runs just fine. The game runs fine for most part, but the micro stutter happens at every 10 seconds or so. The CPU usage is very high too... and there other people who noticed that. I think the game just needs better optimization.

Message 3 of 8 (451 Views)

★ Apprentice

Rainer is definitely not alone with the stuttering issues. Several others, including myself, have gamebreaking stuttering with pc setups that should be more than good enough to run this game. I keep lurking around here, on twitter and reddit in hope of someone finding some solution to it cause I really want to play Payback but atm its unplayable Frown

Message 4 of 8 (445 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Can confirm frame drops and stuttering (Especially in the city).

My PC also has good specs, but especially with SLI not working I'm getting much lower fps.

- EVGA 980Ti Hybrid SLI (**SLI not working)

- Intel i7-6700k @ 4.5Ghz

- 16GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz

- Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

- Corsair RM1000i

----------

Also playing on a higher resolution (3440x1440), but like I said I do encounter some fps drops and stuttering. 

I've also had complete system freezes multiple times.

Message 5 of 8 (432 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The game does not support SLI or Crossfire , As to the stuttering try turning of things in the settings it is usually a conflict with one of the settings that will cause that sort of issue. It has happened with other games as well, Try starting at 1080p and play with settings and work from there.

Message 6 of 8 (422 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

No, I understand there is no support for SLI or Crossfire as of now. I know sometimes you can force a game into SLI even when not supported, but sadly that doesn't work either.

My main issues are just frame drops in the city and most recently, my game freezes the entire system and I have to restart.

Message 7 of 8 (420 Views)

★★★ Novice

same here, stutter and framedrops 

i7 4790k msi gtx 1080 g-sync 1440p on ssd

Message 8 of 8 (411 Views)