Online drifting: Bumper karts! And general agression in this game.

by Dubzz0

Original Post

Online drifting: Bumper karts! And general agression in this game.

★★ Apprentice
Very dissapointing. It seems like every update is cool, but just not 'it'. Drifting as a new option when voting instead of a different speedlist for drifting? Track and offroad i can understand, it's both about racing but drifting is SO different than that, why put it in with the race modes?

Also, the agression is off the charts. I'm an okay drifter but i just kept getting crashed by random kids, ruining my speed and flow. I have never seen this much agression in drift races in NFS2015, wtf? The online agression in general just seems way more than in NFS2015, is it because this game is more 'easy' or less 'serious' so it attracts more little children or something? All i see when online is people in Regera's with gamertags in the trend of 'xXx_lamborghini_yourmom_destroyer_bugattiracer_xXx' or something who crash you. Please Ghost and EA, please patch in some actual penalties or seperate settings to discourage or even eliminate the bumper kart madness that is the online Speedlists.
Message 1 of 8 (620 Views)

Re: Online drifting: Bumper karts! And general agression in this game.

★★★★★ Apprentice

online racing summed up....

1. Start race in any car

2. Get hit by some idiot driving (used in the loosest sense of the word) a Regera

3. Repeat step 2

4. Repeat step 2

5. Repeat step 2

6. Repeat step 2

etc

etc

20.Quit race to find another online race, start at step 1 again.

Keep repeating until either you rage quit, or suffer a complete breakdown.

Message 2 of 8 (604 Views)

★ Apprentice

Oh just wait until around Christmas when children get the game.

Message 3 of 8 (592 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I think I'll be staying out of online for the next few months.... If I wanted to be bashed and bruised while racing I'd play Mario Kart.... GT Sport has a decent online penalty system, maybe EA should go take a loot at that "hint, hint"

Message 4 of 8 (589 Views)

★★ Apprentice
SO FRUSTRATING! Even when someone else hits you and makes you hit a wall because of that, you still lose your points. Drifting NEEDS to be non-contact all the time. Make the cars into ghosts, Ghost!
Message 5 of 8 (539 Views)

★ Guide

I also hate those kids that can't drive and have to crash you all the time,as of right now i've figured out some ways to counter that as good as possible, the best yet the hardest way possible is getting a better driver, as better you get as more upfront you get there will be less kids/bad drivers, its mostly one or another, either a good driver or a kid/bad driver that crashes you.

Also try getting as far to front from start, if you would slowly past one driver don't do it, only past them if you have much more speed and/or nos boost lets say 50kph faster this way they have no/less time to see you if you past them.

If you see someone infront of you is looking behind and gets sideways for getting ready to smash you or drive left right like crazy, stay behind them they will crash by their own.

Last but not least try to deal with it by learning when its more and when its less likely to get crashed, for example on a wide street if they crash you you have more space to escape without crashing, or only overtake in corners if they have to drift they can't react as fast/if at all to crash you.

Best solution would be a Ghostmode like in "the crew" so you can't touch each other, if not fully than at least a partly ghostmode, at the startline would make sense for 10-15seconds, also if someone is driving backwards/staying still he should go full ghostmode no matter which track, even if he only missed a checkpoint.

Or at the end just lower the impact pvp can do, like in runner races with tuning your car to heavier but without changing the handling of course.

At the End you can't change the Community, either they are a good loser or a bad loser, don't let them ruin your game, try to deal with it as good as possible with the abilities you have, best way to deal with them is to win anyways until they quit xD

Message 6 of 8 (523 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

How do the devs not encounter these issues when they're testing? They really must not play their games.

Message 7 of 8 (505 Views)

★ Apprentice
That's the reality of things right now, I've complained about this since day one, this is no proper online experience. Fix that first because adding new content won't help you guys keeping a solid number of players after 3 months unless you guys change the game experience.
Message 8 of 8 (487 Views)